100 Best Workout Songs to Pump You Up in 2016
Great Workout Songs to Pump You Up
Working out isn't easy. It takes dedication, planning, and sometimes more energy than you feel like you have. Sometimes, all you need is a little pick-me-up and your mood can change from lazy to ready because of a slight change of atmosphere. Call it a "running mix," a "workout playlist," "iron-pumping jamz," or whatever floats your boat; One sure way to get your adrenaline pumping is to kick up the jams, so below is a list of work-out songs with great beats and high-energy vocals that are sure to help you out in a time of need.
- Run - AWOLNATION
- Cake by the Ocean - DNCE
- The Walker - Fitz & the Tantrums
- I'm Writing a Novel - Father John Misty
- Rather Be - Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne
- White Light - The Gorillaz
- Electric Love - Borns
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
- Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce
- Gengis Kahn - Miike Snow
- Pompeii - Bastille
- 22 - Taylor Swift
- Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
- Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna
- Black Sheep - Gin Wigmore
- Helena – My Chemical Romance
- Ain't No Man - The Avett Brothers
- Hall of Fame - The Script feat. will.i.am
- Control - Halsey
- Shatter Me - Lindsey Sterling feat. Lzzy Hale
- Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
- Cleopatra - The Lumineers
- Blow - Ke$ha
- Fuel - Metallica
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love - Queens of the Stone Age
- Endless Fantasy - Anamanaguchi
- Chandelier - Sia
- One Foot - fun.
- Rollin' & Tumblin' - Jeff Beck
- Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
- My Body - Young the Giant
- Born This Way - Lady Gaga
- Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event
- I Got the Magic in Me – B.O.B.
- Gold - Kiiara
- Come on Eileen – Dexys Midnight Runners
- Gone Daddy Gone - Gnarls Barkley
- Shut Up and Dance - WALK THE MOON
- Fight Song - Rachel Platten
- Come On Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot
- Heathens - twenty one pilots
- Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
- X Gon' Give It To Ya - DMX
- Ain't it Fun - Paramore
- Down With the Sickness - Disturbed
- Dog Days Are Over - Florence & the Machine
- Blah Blah Blah – Ke$ha featuring 3Oh!3
- Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
- Alive with the Glory of Love - Say Anything
- Not Afraid – Eminem
- Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
- Bodies - Drowning Pool
- Rise - Katy Perry
- Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
- We Are Young - fun. feat. Janelle Monae
- Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
- Heavydirtysoul - twenty on pilots
- Bang Bang - Ariana Grande, Jessie J, and Nicki Minaj
- Forget You - Cee Lo
- Four Kicks - Kings of Leon
- Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
- Womanizer - Britney Spears
- Good Grief - Bastille
- Guerilla Radio - Rage Against the Machine
- Grenade - Bruno Mars
- Nightbook - Ludovico Einaudi
- Stronger - Kanye West (and Daft Punk)
- Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) - Pitbull feat. T-Pain
- Holler Till You Pass Out - 3Oh!3
- Trouble - Taylor Swift
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- If I Was You (OMG) - Far East Movement feat. Snoop Dogg
- Like a G6 – Far East Movement
- Back to You - Twin Forks
- Hey Ya! - Outkast
- Look at Me Now - Chris Brown feat. Lil' Wayne and Busta Rhymes
- Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
- I Love It - Icona Pop
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Mr. Brightside - The Killers
- Neatfreak 47 - 3Oh!3
- Right Round - Flo Rida
- Domino - Jessie J
- Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
- Rocketeer - Far East Movement feat. Ryan Tedder
- All Nightmare Long - Metallica
- So What - Pink
- The Other Side - Bruno Mars
- Travelin' Band - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Could've Been Me - The Struts
- Not Your Fault - AWOLNATION
- Eyes Wide Open - Gotye
- U + Ur Hand - Pink
- Animal - Miike Snow
- Whataya Want From Me - Adam Lambert
- Chop Suey - System of a Down
- Electric Feel - MGMT
- Party Hard - Andrew W.K.
- Work B**ch - Britney Spears
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
These are just a few of the jams I like to keep on my phone while I work out. My go-to workout is a run on the treadmill, but they're also great for the Stairmaster or an elliptical machine. This list can get you through at least a week's worth of workouts.
What are your favorite workout songs? What are your favorite workouts? Share in the comments!
Why I Love These Songs
My go-to workout is a run on the treadmill, but I also love hopping on the Stairmaster or the elliptical machine, and these tunes have helped me find the energy and courage to face the gym, even when I don't want to. These songs are motivational because they have a lot of energy and cover a range of emotions. I don't know about you, but when I exercise, I'm definitely not happy the whole time; sometimes I feel discouraged, or I think about unpleasant things, or I get frustrated with the way my day went. That's why I like to listen to songs that address a wide range of feelings and thoughts.
This list can get you through at least a week's worth of workouts, depending on your level of dedication to incorporating exercise into your routine.
These are just a few of the jams I like to keep on my phone for workouts. What are your favorite workout songs? What are your favorite workouts? Share in the comments! Then, put your music player on "random" and hit the ground running!
Another product worth the high-ish price tag. Your feet are incredibly important while you run, and these beauties can help you stay comfortable and dry while you pound the pavement.
These babies are worth their surprising price tag if you're a runner, and can help you take your workout to the next level. I have used them for over three years now, and have been extremely happy with the way they feel over time and the quality of my workouts.
More by this Author
Get distracted often? Not compelled to read a whole book about productivity? Here are a few very simple rules to follow that may help you get more done.
Weight loss is not easy, and every person has a different experience with it. These tips are ten small ways you might be able to help yourself lose some weight.
Awesome '90s hits from the days of Adidas bags.
No comments yet.