8 Natural Aphrodisiacs to Improve Your Libido
#2 CHOCOLATE: consuming large of amounts creates the same euphoric feeling as being in love
Also by this Author...
#4 FIGS: decadent divas of the fruit world contain high fiber
Feel as AMOROUS as Cupid & Psyche (by Antonio Canova)
Definition: 1. The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
2. a. Sexual desire. b. Manifestation of the sexual drive.
It happens to every couple- even those that started off with sizzling, romantic relationships. In time, the passion cools. What do you do? Break up? Have an affair? Get a divorce? NO!
It's normal to have a lull in your relationship. Stress, work, kids, daily routine, family obligations, etc. are major culprits when it comes to dampening your sex life. So, how can you improve your libido the easy and natural way?
First, by changing your mindset and getting a little more spontaneity into your life. Secondly, by eating foods that will naturally increase your desire and overall health.
The following is a short list of 8 foods that will help you get your groove back.
1. Seafood: You've heard about oysters being aphrodisiacs due to their high content of zinc, which is essential for sexual health and reproduction, but what about other forms of seafood? Well, oily fish like herring and salmon contain omega 3 fatty acids that keep you heart-healthy and your arteries unclogged. During intercourse a healthy heart and arteries keep the blood pumping and flowing to where it's needed (ahem, gentlemen). Other zinc-rich foods include almonds and asparagus.
2. Chocolate: Naturally boosts serotonin levels and gives you a burst of energy (like caffeine). Did you know that consuming large of amounts of chocolate creates the same euphoric feeling as being in love? Don't believe me? Try it.
3. Wild Arugula: Foods packed with antioxidants help block free radicals and other negative chemical toxins that may cause damage to the libido. Remember, good health promotes desire. Other high antioxidant foods are kiwi and citrus fruits.
4. Figs: The "divas" of the fruit world. Figs are enticing to look at, sensual to eat, and full of fiber. Eating a diet in high-fiber makes you feel full faster so that you end up eating less, thus keeping you in shape. The old rule is true: if you LOOK good, you will FEEL good, which enables you to be more confident, sexy, happy.
5. Strawberries: Not only are these fruits red (the color of passion), they are also rich in Vitamin B, which helps produce high sperm counts in men.
6. Banana: This phallic fruit is a powerhouse of potassium along with other vitamins and minerals. There is a special enzyme, however (bromelain), that specifically promotes the male libido.
7. Avocado: The ancient Aztecs believed the avocado to be a powerful aphrodisiac and named it ahuacate, which literally means “testicle.” This creamy, decadent fruit is especially beneficial for pregnant women since it is loaded with folic acid.
8. Eggs: Balance hormones and stress via high quantity of Vitamins B5 and B6. Eating eggs shortly before sexual intercourse will enhance the experience. Think about that the next time you are eating an omelette with your significant other.
So, if you eat these foods, buy yourself a new outfit, get a babysitter for the kids (or better yet, go on a mini vaca- like a weekend getaway or book a hotel room to break up the monotony), buy a bottle of good wine, turn on some soft music...
Well, you can figure out the rest. As always, thank you for reading!
C. De Melo
Author & Artist
More by this Author
photo by: Steve Hopson, www.stevehopson.com Bananas are considered one of the most popular fruits in the USA and abroad for good reason. Not only do they taste great and come in their own environmentally friendly...
Approaching weight loss realistically in a manner that can achieve success.
Despite having lived in Italy for years and having traveled all over the country, I had never been to Napoli. My husband and I had to go there on business and stayed for three days. Napoli is a city of contrasts:...