How To Safely Perform Tricep Bench Dips
Before starting off the workout below, It's a good idea to do a 3 to 5 minute warmup before exercising.This workout is great for targeting the back of your arm. Just remember that this exercise can be difficult because it does use your body weight. So if you’re use to using machines be aware of this.
How To Perform Triceps Bench Dips Exercise
1. Begin by griping the edge of the bench with your arms slightly wider than shoulder width
2. Slowly move your body off of the bench so your bum is off and against the bench
3. Then move your feet out as far as you would like. The closer your feet are to you the easier the exercise. Advance people extend their legs all the ways out and be on your heels
4. Drop down so your backside gets closer to the floor. Go as far down as your able to or until your arms are at 90 degrees.
5. Make sure that you bend your arms backwards so your able to move up and down while keeping your arms close to your side.
6. As you push up, concentrate on pushing through your palms and breathe out as you come up.
7. Pause at the top of the movement then repeat up and down as needed
How many you perform is all about your type of workout or exercise routine or goals. However a good starting method is 3 or 4 sets of 12 – 15. Also make sure that you do not have your hands to far from the body because this can add stress and injury to your shoulders.
Hope you enjoyed it, and remember to check out some of my other articles as well.
Triceps Bench Dip Video
- Signup For HubPages
Write your own Hubs and you could earn money
- Summer Weather and Better Food Choices
Summer foods and some better choices
- How To Effectively Stretch and Keeping it Safe
- Bicep Exercises - The 7 Best Different Ways to Work Them Out
7 Ways to really work your biceps and how you can mix up your workouts
Equipment & Articles
More by this Author
Fitness kickboxing burns calories and relieves stress. But what is fitness kick boxing, and is it right for you?
Flatten your Abs with these exercises that target your Transverse Abdominis muscle to help you reduce the look and size of your stomach
Mix the benefits of Tabata with the proven success of kickboxing in a full body workout.