Self Esteem Boomers
We've got seven fullproff suggestion for instant smiles!
Maybe you were in a fight with your best friend, Maybe you didn't get the part you wanted in a play you auditioned for. Or maybe you failed a big exam. The point is, you're having a bad day and you need something to make you feel better about yourself. On days like these, it's useful to have some feel good tricks up your sleeve. Here are a few suggestions for a do-it-yourself morale boost:
1. Do something you've been putting off. Clean your room, sign for that photography class, get your hair and nails done. Whatever is it you've been meaning to do but never made time for, now's your chance to make it happen. Crossing off even one item on that to-do list will make you feel competent and productive.
2. Make a list of your best qualities and achievements. As you wrap up one list, why not write another? Sit down and think of the high points in your life and the things you love about yourself. It can be anything from a contest you won in grade school to the fact that you like your skin color. Come up with at least 1o things and you're guaranteed to end up smiling.
3. Do something you're good at. Nothing boost morale like a reminder of your talents. If you happen to be an ace at video games, bust out that first-person-shooting game and go nuts. If you're a writer, jot down a short story or poem that reflects your mood. If you're a signer, turn up your favorite song and belt it out as high and as loud as you can. You'll feel like a winner-in-no time.
4. Get some exercise. The benifits of physical activitiy are endless. Sweat out your stress and start the road to fitness att he same time. Run, swim, play a sport, or hit the gym. It's scientifically proven that a good workout boosts a person's general sense of well being. ... and at the very least, you'll be to tired to feel bad.
5. Relax. Release the negativity in you by taking the time to do something that eases your muscles and calms your mind. Get a massage at your local spa or sign for a session of yoga. If you don;t want to spend anything, take a nap - sleep is known to improve your mood and your energy levels.
6. Treat yourself to something yummy. A little sugar in your system can't hurt at this point, so why not allow yourself a mini-binge on your favorite chocolate? You can cool your hot head with some ice cream or even better with a refreshing fruit shake. Satisfy a food craving and you'll find yourself smiling again; Just be careful not to overdue it.
7. Watch a TV show or read a book that makes you laugh. Comedy is a quick cure for the blues. Spend a little time with the Modern Family gang, or have a How I Met Your Mother marathon. Other sitcoms you want to try are The Big Bang Theory and Community. For the bibliophiles out there, try Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras by Cathy Hopkins or Louise Rennison's Angus Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, Confessions of Geognina Nicolson. Warning : you may find yourself in fits of giggles.
- from candymag
More by this Author
5 Simple Shortcuts for Smooth Sexy Legs: your legs can look a lot better fast, with these simple strategies, you'll have what you want in no time
No comments yet.