Seven Steps to Pulling Your Own Strings and Standing Up For What You Believe
I heard Roland Manny share a motivational message about “Pulling Your Strings” on the 2014 24-Hours of Motivation live stream event, presented by Sales Expert Che Brown, Marketing Guru Trevor Otts and the Les Brown Platinum Speakers Network. Pulling your own strings and standing up for what you believe are essential to being in control of your life and moving purposely forward. The following recap and 7-steps are highlights from that message:
Who’s pulling your strings?
Surprises in life pull your strings.
It’s the punch you don’t see that knocks you out.
Do an inventory of the people you are hanging around with; some, you will have to count out.
Conformity makes you like everyone, but yourself; and makes everybody happy, but you. Pull your own strings and stand up for what you believe with these 7-steps:
1) Start from where you are and figure out as you go. You don’t have to figure things out before you start.
2) Trust the process. Trust that it can happen for you..
3) Remember You have all that you need and you’re more than enough to stand where you are.
4) Invest in yourself. Invest in your health and mind with books, seminars….
5) Never lose sight of your purpose. Be in it for the long run. People are counting on you.
6) Go the distance. Don’t quit along the way.
7) Surround yourself with people going your way and that will help you and want to see you succeed.
Pull your own strings because if you don’t, somebody else will.
Roland Manny is into health & fitness, and personal development. His objective is to help more people become healthy; to realize that they have something special within them and that they have goals and dreams they can achieve.
More by this Author
Kwanzaa: A Celebration of Family, Community and Culture was created by Dr. Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate African heritage. Do you know the seven principles and their meanings?
Three poems of love and appreciation for that special man in your life. An expression of friendship, intimacy and romance between soul-mates.