Signs and Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts
Cyst on the Left and Ovary on the Right
What is an Ovarian Cyst
An Ovarian cyst is a small fluid-filled sac that develops in a woman's ovaries and women of all ages can be affected by them. What causes the cyst is when a follicle fails to rupture and release the egg, the fluid could remain and form a cyst in the ovary. It is quite common for it to normally happen in one of the ovaries. Many cysts are (functional) meaning it has nothing to do with the disease of any type and others are (benign) meaning non-cancerous can disappear within a few weeks.
Ovarian Cyst Causes
Causes of Ovarian Cysts
There are several causes that can lead but not limited to Ovarian Cysts.
1. Early menstrual cycle before 12 years of age.
2. Irregular menstrual cycles with continual skipping each month.
3. Hypothyroidism could also aid in creating ovarian cysts.
4. Non-conception and infertility can also cause ovarian cysts.
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact your gynecologist or physician. Request an ultrasound.
1. Pelvic pain after sexual intercourse or exercise.
2. Irregular menstrual cycles are not normal. Seek a physician if it becomes a pattern.
3. Feeling of lower pressure or fullness.
5. Vaginal spotting or pain.
6. Nausea and Vomiting.
When To Seek A Physician
If you have had or are having any of these please make an appointment to see your Doctor.
2. Persistent Fever
3. Anemia (from loss of blood)
4. Increased facial hair
5. Unexplained Weight Loss
6. Excessive thirst or urination
7. Abdominal tenderness
A handful of reasons to seek a Physician. An Ovarian Cyst cannot cause a miscarriage but many others possibilities could. He/she will advise and take the step necessary to eliminate the issue. He may choose to prescribe medication or may decide on surgery, whatever he/she decides will be the right decision for you.
More by this Author
Love letters from famous people. A small list of some of our all time favorites. From Ludwig Von Beethoven to Ronnie Reagan himself. Love letters from the heart will get your creative juices flowing.
American National Insurance a review of what could happen when someone takes out a life insurance policy. It is from an individual perspective who has dealt with the company firsthand.
Think before you get behind the wheel. Drinking and Driving is a dangerous combination. A tribute to a father who is gone but not forgotten