Sleep Regularly for a Better Rest
In order to get enough and quality rest, you should always try to maintain your body cycle. You should know when it is time to sleep or to wake up. You need to be consistent. As a matter of fact, those who sleep regularly at the same time and wake up at the same time as well day in day out often prove to have better rest compared to those that sleep at uncertain times that differ from day to day. The latter will not have as good rest as the former even if they sleep for the same amount of hours each day. One more thing, changing just 1 or 2 hours of sleeping time matters a lot to the quality of sleep people may get.
- Always go to bed at the same time. You need to set a fixed time at which you should go to your bed. It is preferable if this is the time when you would usually feel exhausted. This way, you are not quite likely to toss and turn. However, you should stick to this sleeping time even on weekends. Yet, when you feel you want to make an alteration to your sleeping time, start with a small change, such as a couple of minutes later or earlier.
- Wake at a fixed time as well. When you have had enough sleep, your body will normally know when it is time to wake up even if you do not use any alarms to keep you awake. Just as you would your sleeping time, you should also stick to your waking time even if it is a weekend.
- Take a nap is good. Just in case you happen to lose some of your sleeping hours, you can usually fix it by taking a nap in the afternoon. This way, you will still be able to stick to your fixed sleeping and waking time. This will prevent you from experiencing insomnia that often happens due to the irregular body cycle.
- Take a smart nap. Even though it is mentioned that taking a nap is good, there are some drawbacks that naturally affect the elderly. The elderly are recommended not to take a nap at all. Yet, in case they are really feeling tired, they can take a nap lasting for a maximum of 30 minutes. Otherwise, they may feel worse insomnia as most of them already suffer from insomnia.
- Do not fall prey to post-dinner drowsiness. If you tend to feel sleepy before it is your time to go to bed, you need to perform something that may stimulate your body. This way, you may not fall asleep. Some stimulating things you can do often include making a phone call to a friend, washing the dishes, preparing what you will put on tomorrow and a lot more. Do not fall prey to drowsiness otherwise you will keep getting awake late in the night and you won’t have enough sleep, to say the least.
Find out when you should sleep
You should actually make some sorts of researches to find out what time you should actually go to bed. However, of course, you need to find free time to do this. During this time, try to sleep at a fixed time everyday and see if you get a deprived sleep. If you do, it will often take you weeks to get over it. However, if you don’t, it means you are all set for your optimal sleeping time.
© 2011 Richie Setiawan. All rights reserved worldwide.
More by this Author
Today, Caesar surgery – often known as the Caesarean section as well – has often been one of the most widely used method when it comes to giving birth. Such a surgery often takes only 5 minutes or less and...
There are so many people out there with some eye problems and they want to get over their eye problems. Nowadays, these people with problematic eyes can find a cure thanks to theJohnsonand Johnson Vision Care that has...
High heels have always been a particular attraction to most, if not all, women in this world. High heels can often add to the self-confidence of women. Not only do high heels make them look more stylish or fashionable,...
No comments yet.