Solas Drugs Information
Description: Solas (Mabendazole) is an effective and versatile broad spectrum anthelmintic agent; it eradicates warms by inhibiting nutrition uptake irreversibly. It is safe even in anaemic and mainutritive patients due to its negligible absorption rate.
Indications: Solas is the drug of choice against Ascaris lumbricoides (roundworm), Strongyloides stercoralis (threadwarm), Enterobius vermicularis (Pinworm), Trichuris trichuria (whipwarm), Anoylostoma duoderala and Necator americanas (hookwarm), Taenia solum and Taenia saginata (tapewarm) and also in intrahapatic hydatid cysts.
Dosage: Children and adults are to be given same dosage. 100 mg tablet or 1 teaspoonful suspension bid for three days. For thread worm infestation doses should be double. For intrahepatic hydatid cysts 4-6 tablets or 4-6 teaspoonfuls suspension i.e. (400-600 mg) three times daily for 21-30 days.
Side-effects: Soles are free from any major side-effects. Transient symptoms of abdominal pain and diarrhea may occur in cases of massive infestations.
Contraindications: Solas is contraindicated in pregnancy.
- Solas Tablet: Each chewable tablet contains 100 mg of Mebendazole USP
- Solas Suspension: Each teaspoonful (5ml) contains 100 mg Mebendazole USP
- Solas Tablet: Packets of 10*10 tablets in blister strips.
- Solas Suspension: Bottles of 30 ml with dosage spoon.
More by this Author
Credit Risk Grading (CRG): The risk that an issuer of debt securities or a borrower may default on his or her obligations or that the payment may not be made on a negotiable instrument that is called credit risk. The...
1. Opening of Letter of Credit: Letter of Credit is an assurance of payment by the bank. It is an arrangement under which the bank at the request of the buyer or on its own undertakes to make payment to the seller...
Tax is a contribution exacted by the state. It is a non penal but compulsory and unrequited transfer of resources from the private to the public sector, levied on the basis of predetermined criteria. The classical...