Steps on Treatment for Poisoning
Treatment for Poisoning
Would you know what to do in case someone gets poisoned? Knowing what to
do in an emergency case like this can help save a life.
Here are some tips on what to you can do if someone gets poisoned by chemicals.
1. Verify first if the victim has indeed been poisoned. Look for telltale signs such as chemical-smelling breath, burns around the mouth, and difficulty in breathing.
2. If possible, identify the poison. Once you verified that the victim has been poisoned, call for medical help.
3. If the victim vomits, clear the victim's airway. Clean the mouth and throat of the person with a cloth wrapped around your fingers.
4. Keep the victim comfortable. The victim should be stable at his or her left side with enough space while waiting for medical help to arrive.
5. If the poison is spilt on the victims clothes, remove the clothing and wash the affected skin with water.
6. If a person is trapped in a room with toxic fumes, call for emergency. Unless absolutely necessary, never try to rescue the victim unless you have the proper training.
7. If you suspect that an unconscious person has inhaled poisonous fumes, check if the victim is breathing.
8. If the person vomits, clear his or her airway.
9. Unless there are signs of neck or back injury, move the victim to a well-ventilated area.
10. Call for help even though the victim looks fine.
More by this Author
The diseases of the respiratory system can affect any part of the respiratory tract and range from trivial to life-threatening. The nasal passages and pharynx are targets for the viruses membranes. The...
TEMPERATURE Definition • It is the balance between the heat loss and heat production Special Considerations • Stay with the patient while the thermometer is in...
Read to learn about the characteristics of a partnerships type of business.