Stop Drinking Alcohol Forever
How Can I Stop Drinking Alcohol?
In my personal opinion alcohol is running the world in which we live. How to stop drinking alcohol forever is what I would like to try and explain here, and I hope it will help those that are suffering the addiction to alcohol.
Alcohol is ruining thousands of lives and families each and everyday. There are thousands of deaths all over the world due to alcohol, whether it be drinking too much that you wind up with alcohol poisoning or being drunk behind the wheel, crashing and then dying from driving under the influence.
You could be an innocent person minding your own business and be hit by a drunk driver either on foot or in your own car.
If you truly want a great life and to live it healthy, I would suggest thinking about stopping drinking and get yourself clean and sober, because as we all know we are here only one time on earth, so live it in a daze and unaware of what is going on around you all because you are trapped in your addiction to alcohol and know nothing except feeding your body more alcohol. There is a beautiful life out there to live and it can be done being clean and sober, but many alcoholics feel this is not true. They feel they must be entirely drunk in order to have fun and enjoy life. Not the case at all, and I am proof of that.
Anyone that has an addiction to alcohol can stop drinking anytime, but they choose to stay addicted and feeling sorry for themselves. You know that old saying when you get those crying drunks? The questions are, " why is everything happening to me with so much Negative results?" "Why isn't my life like others that are always so happy and cheerful?"
There are a thousand lines the alcoholic uses, and honestly I was one of those crying in my beer. The more we drink the more we feel sorry for ourselves. Boo hoo, poor me right?
There is no reason in the world why an alcoholic can't stop drinking alcohol forever. Here are some of the things that entered my mind, heart and soul when I finally decided to stop drinking alcohol.
- I took a hard look at my life and how I was living it as an alcoholic.
- I took a hard look around me and seeing I was hurting people I loved and how loved me.
- I could see it in their eyes when I looked deeper into them and seeing they were hurting deep inside and wondering what they could to make me stop drinking.
- I knew my health was on the decline just by how I was feeling and looking into the mirror, which doesn't lie.
- I thought to myself, what kind of life will I have in the future if I continue drinking alcohol?
- I thought to myself, what kind of life would I have if I stopped drinking alcohol forever?
- How much money have I spent on alcohol over the years I have drinking it?
- Would I ever achieve the dreams and goals I had before I started drinking alcohol?
- Would I begin to get back closer to my wife and family if I got clean and sober? While I was drinking alcohol I began to get distant and not as sociable to anyone unless it had to do with drinking alcohol, then I was the life of any party.
- Could I have as much fun being sober than I did while drinking alcohol, if you call drinking and abusing alcohol fun?
These are just a few thoughts that might relate to all those that are addicted to alcohol and want to have a better life, but nothing was convincing enough to make you stop drinking.
Once I thought and got my own answers to thew above questions to myself, I knew it was time to surrender to my addiction to alcohol forever and start a fresh and new life. I was convinced once and for all that alcohol was not only ruining my life, but all those that loved and cared so much for me. Spouses, children and families are far more important than any can of beer or mixed drink.
You must sit alone, (Sober) and ask some of these questions to yourself and see what kind of honest answers you will give yourself and believe me, if you truly want sobriety back into your life you will answer honestly and take massive action to make your life right again.
How to Stop Drinking Alcohol Forever
© 2012 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
A look into the mind of an alcoholic to see how we think and live our lives with an addiction.
There are so many people that are addicted to alcohol in our society today. These people are literary chained to their addiction with no escape in site.
So you own a home and the upstairs is just not enough living space for you and then you realize that you have a full basement below full of all the stuff you have in storage.