Stop Leg Cramps & Muscular Pain With Copper Bracelets: My Leg Cramps Remedy
The pain you get with leg cramps is terrible
The pain you get with leg cramps is almost unbearable. It has made many grown men and women cry. Myself included. Now, I know how to stop my leg cramps on the spot. In fact I rarely get leg cramps, toe cramps or any other kind of cramps anymore. Nevertheless, I can still remember some of the episodes I had before. It would be funny it was not so painful. I mean, leg cramps don’t play. I remember waking up from sleep with a leg cramp once. It was so bad I actually started praying for God to stop the pain. It was awful.
Causes of leg cramps
- One obvious cause is over work or stressed muscles. It could be from working out too much, moving or twisting your leg or calf in an odd position.
- Another reason for leg cramps could be that you’re not drinking enough water. The body needs water for many functions like digesting food, etc. When there’s not enough water there, the body starts pulling water from muscles or wherever else it can to perform it’s functions.
- A third cause of leg cramps is a deficiency of vital vitamins and minerals. Potassium, calcium, and magnesium are some of the ones often cited. There could be other reasons for leg cramps. However these few are the ones mentioned most often.
What are some home remedies for a leg cramp?
Yes, it’s good to know what causes leg cramps to try to prevent them. But when you actually have a leg cramp, what can you do to stop it right then and there. You don’t want to hear about what you should have done to prevent it. You want the pain to stop immediately. I’ve seen all kinds of strange home remedies to stop leg cramps.
- Pickle juice. One strange leg cramps remedy is pickle juice. According to some people drinking pickle juice will stop a leg cramp. I don’t know because I’ve never tried it. However, it's not too far fetched. It makes sense when you think about it. Cucumbers are used in making pickles. Cucumbers contain potassium and magnesium. Remember, one of the causes of leg cramps is being deficient in potassium and magnesium. Surely some of the cucumber seeds and nutrients from the cucumbers remain in the pickle juice. So drinking the pickle juice is supplying the body with what it's lacking.
- A bar of soap. One of the other leg cramps remedies is to sleep with an unwrapped bar of soap under your covers and at the foot of your bed. I really don’t have a clue how or why this would work, but some people swear by it.
- Pinching yourself. Another home remedy I came across is to pinch the skin between the nose and the upper lip. Again, I’ve never tried that home remedy either.
What prompted me to write this article is that someone asked a question about how to stop leg cramps. I saw all these home remedies discussed, but mine wasn’t mentioned. I looked around the Internet and I have yet to see mine listed. I don’t know if anybody else is using it or not. It may not work for anyone else, but it works for me instantly, every time.
So what is this never mentioned home remedy for leg cramps?
So what is my leg cramps remedy that stops them instantly? It’s copper. Yes copper. The mineral that pennies are made with. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a leg cramp, but I discovered that at the moment I feel a leg cramp beginning or coming on, putting pennies on my calf would stop the cramping on the spot. I know it seems strange, but it works.
I don’t exactly remember how I knew to use pennies to stop my leg cramps. I probably got the idea from my grandmother. As a kid, I can remember that she always wore an ankle chain with a penny on it around her leg like a charm anklet. I don't remember ever asking her why she wore it. Anyway, using pennies stops my leg cramps.
I don’t use pennies anymore. I wear a solid copper bracelet. Some time ago, I saw a copper bracelet in a store and bought it. I discovered I didn’t have to put pennies directly on the cramp anymore. I could just put my bracelet on so that it’s touching the skin under my wrist. It works just as fast. Perhaps it's because of the major veins in the wrist, and that the copper is absorbed through the thin skin and travels quickly to the entire body via the bloodstream. I don’t know exactly how it works and I don't have to know. I just know it does stop my leg cramps. There are some people who say there's not medical proof this works, yada, yada, yada. Well, repeated experience trumps talk. This works for me period.
The next time you get a leg cramp, try it for yourself
Whenever I feel my leg muscles tensing up and a leg cramp coming on, I put on my copper bracelet and immediately the muscles relax and the cramp goes away. It works every time. You should try it.
My leg cramps remedy is better than washing down pickle juice especially if you don’t like pickles. Also, you may not want to kick around a bar of soap in bed while you’re trying to sleep.
If you want to see if copper works for you, put some pennies on your leg cramp. A piece of tape could hold them in place. If that works for you, you may want to get a copper bracelet. They are not expensive and there are lots of different styles to choose from.
Does Copper Relieve Pain? A Testamony
My leg cramps remedy is not the magnetic bracelet, but it may work also.
I use a solid copper bracelet to stop my leg cramps, but the magnetic ones that have copper in them may also work. Many golfers wear magnetic bracelets. I’ve seen people promote that they help with arthritis pain. Some of them have copper in them so, they may work to stop leg cramps too. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try one.
Buy a copper bracelet. It may stop your leg cramps.
Enjoy Writing? Join HubPages
HubPages is a great place to use your writing skills on topics you love. Share your expertise & make money at the same time. Find details here on how to get started making money on HubPages.
More by this Author
If you want to know how to take a screenshot of your computer screen, it’s very quick and easy to do. You don’t need to buy nor download any additional software programs.
Figure out how to add my Amazon aStore to Blogger blogs. It is very easy. Learn step by step.
If there’s one word that strikes fear in the hearts of most people, it’s the c-word, cancer. That one word brings most people to their knees. However, before submitting to orthodox cancer treatment, perhaps...