Stop a Cough with an Onion! (and I don't mean stick the whole thing in your gob!)
A Cheap Natural Remedy for a Tickly Cough
My Grandma used to give us this - not that pleasant (but she always had a treat ready for us straight after we'd bravely downed it).
To Make My Grandma's Natural Cold Remedy you will need:
- 1 Onion
- 8 Teaspoons of Demerara Sugar
- Peel the onion and discard the outer layer.
- Cut into rough cubes
- Put the onion in a shallow bowl
- Spoon the sugar onto the onion
- Cover and allow to stand for 2-3 hours
- The sugar acts as an acid which removes the beneficial ingredients of the onion, mixes with it and forms a brown, onion flavoured syrup.
- Drink the liquid or take a spoonful at a time to relieve a Tickly cough.
I still use the method when I have a tickly cough and I make it for my daughter from time to time.
- This natural medicine is not for all coughs and any person with a cough that can't be shifted should seek avdvice from a health professional.
- Always seek advice before taking any medicine.
- Diabetics should not take this medicine except under direction of a health professional.
- Ensure you brush your teeth after easting or drinking any food containing a high proportion of sugar
More by this Author
This letter has been adapted from a translation of a fifth century BC standard letter discovered by archaeologists in China, somewhere along the silk route. It is proof that the problem of becoming drunk, making an...
What does it take to attract a loyal, homebody Cancer man? Find out here!
I discovered this method of removing splinters a few years ago. A glass had been smashed a few weeks earlier and although I'd been very careful to vacuum up the shards obviously I'd been remiss. I found I had a...
No comments yet.