Stop negative thinking
There was a time where my thoughts were mostly consumed with negativity. I spend most of my days harboring these thoughts, which just led to more negative thoughts and before you knew it, I was riding on a vicious cycle. Finally one day I realized that the one thing that would change all of my negative thinking was to take control of them by making a choice to change my thinking and engage in a more positive action.
I believe we have many gifts that are freely given to us; one of them is the ability to make choices. Many of us fail to recognize that we can actually start our day all over again by just choosing to do so. Unfortunately many continue to linger in the seas of discouragement and frustration all day long from thinking negatively, I myself am still guilty of this.
Positive things and thoughts
It is common for us to experience some hard times, have our bad days and our good days. It is also quite natural to become irritable about certain situations and for a negative thought to pop into our minds every now and then. What it is helpful to remember is that we don’t have to let them take over our lives. Some may ask “that simple, huh?” With practice and a can do attitude, It can be as simple as taking a step back acknowledging that your thoughts are mostly unrealistic and are causing you frustration and then choose to change your thinking pattern.
You can even choose to examine your thoughts at a time where you feel you may have more control of them. Remember irrational thinking leads to irrational decision making. Still you may say it’s easier said than done. I say next time your mind is going a hundred miles an hour with negative thoughts. Say STOP! And ask your self what good is any of those thoughts doing for you, accept giving you a big headache and making you loose sleep. Choose the opposite and to continue your day or evening involved in doing things that are positive.
Stop negative thinking
1. Practice the wonderful words of Churchill “never give up”. Never give up believing that good things will come your way. Funny thing with people is that just when things are about to take a turn for the good is when they decide to give up. Hang around long enough to reap the rewards.
2. Develop a complete new attitude and posture. Stand straight and always walk with your head up high knowing that you are worth everything that is grand in life!
3. Try to stay away from negative individuals as often as you can instead always surround yourself with positive people and activities.
4. Be grateful for the ability of being able to make choices, it is a gift that many do not make use of among other things.
5. When a negative thought comes to mind immediately shift it to a positive one, think of a happy time in your life.
6. If you find that your negative thinking won't go away and it is pestering you, go for a walk, turn on some music and do a little cleaning around the house, try window shopping or perhaps listen to what others have to say, there is always someone one who needs an ear and comfort.
More by this Author
- 17How to get a life of your own seperate from your relationship with your partner, spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend
Do you think you may be losing yourself in your relationship? Are you more concerned about your partner’s life than you are about yours? Constantly worrying about their thoughts, whereabouts and what makes them...