Stress Indicators and Effective Neutralization Techniques
For most of us, a stressful routine is increasingly becoming “popular”. Life is continuously becoming full of demands, disturbances, hassles, deadlines and targets. Stress is not always bad, rather it is good, if within limits, because it helps you to stay focused, alert and energetic. It gives your nerves and tissues extra support for you to respond in extreme situations. Your response, due to developed stress, also helps you rise to face the things. Stress is what helps you to be focused during a presentation at work, stimulate your energies when you’re attempting the game-winning throw, or forces you to study for an exam when you would otherwise be playing games or chatting. But beyond a set level, usefulness of stress comes to an end, and it now starts effecting negatively. And starts causing major damage to your health, your sense of humour, your efficiency and almost damages every sphere of your life’s quality.
If you repeatedly find yourself feeling drained, fatigued and overwhelmed, it’s now time to take actions to bring your nervous system back into stability. You can care for yourself by learning how to identify the signs and indicators of stress and taking steps to diminish its destructive effects.
Warning Indication of Stress
- Feeling difficulty in sleeping,
- Loss of interest in activities which otherwise would be enjoyable and fun making
- Feeling uncomfortable to meet close friends and relatives, and avoiding them.
- Judgement becomes poor at many occasions.
- Eating abnormally that either more or less than normally used to.
- Using artificial means for relaxation
- Unintentional nervous habits like nail biting or pacing etc.
Stress Management Techniques
Stress in itself is not harmful if you make sure that you calm down and recover. The starting point of stress management is taking good care of yourself with regular meals, sleep and exercise, in an appropriate and healthy manner.
- Calming hormones are released with laughter, humor and physical contact.
- Going for a walk with your senses alert in a green environment is a very good way to de-stress.
- Good friends who listen and support you will protect you in crises, when demands feel too high and your self-confidence wavers.
- Do in any case at-least one thing in your day that you really enjoy. Because not doing things is more stressful than doing them. Discover all you are trying to avoid. Remember the biggest blockage to study is actually “not reading”.
- Plan your day based on the time available instead of on the tasks to be done. An eight-hour working day gives the right to free time, for students too. It is difficult to solve a problem if you don’t know what the problem is. Think in concrete terms about your biggest worry of the day and what you would like the situation to be instead.
- Do not be the victim of exactness. Perfectionism can be paralyzing. Having the goal of achieving 75 per cent is better than 100 percent. Then you can be proud of, instead of feeling embarrassed of your results.
- Dare to take a risk and fail. Acknowledge the failure and move on.
- Instead of gritting your teeth, try opening your mouth and relaxing your jaw. Your breathing immediately changes from stress breathing to calmer diaphragm breathing
- Think carefully before speaking, so that you stay behind what is true to your feelings without being hurtful and causing somebody else’s feelings to get spoil.
- Think about what all you want, and get used to use word NO. Practice to say “No” to people for the things you really cannot do, and projects that you feel. And you will be saved from adding unnecessary stress to your life.
Further to above mentioned techniques, I would request you that if you have practiced some other stress reliever, please mention it in comments so that and other experiences, as may be that would be even more effective for someone and help someone else to spend a normal life.
More by this Author
Why you want to know the Admin password? Probably because of your company’s IT security policies, your laptop or computer is connected to domain and you are allowed to use computer, but have limited rights as far...
A good presentation is a chance for you to make a good of bad image, not only for what you are presenting, but your own self. However taking care of some simple tips will help you a lot in becoming a good presenter.