Super-Charge Your Day Seven Easy Yoga In Bed Exercises To Wake You Up
Have you ever laid in bed, eye on the clock, thinking “I really should get up now and do a few minutes exercise before going to work? Instead you snuggle back down into your bed and grab an extra 5 minutes sleep.
Do you wish there was an easy way you could exercise without leaving the warmth and comfort of your bed?
Well, now you can. The following seven basic yoga postures are simple and easy to do in bed. You can even do some of these exercises without getting out of bed and laying down.
Seven Easy Yoga-In-Bed Exercises To Super-Charge Your Day
1.Laying on your back, take a deep breath in and as you breathe out point and stretch and wiggle your toes. Do this five times, then rotate your ankles round, 5 times in each direction. Keep your awareness focused on your breath and tune into the stretch.
2. Still on your back, stretch your arms up in the air, shake your hands, stretch and curl your fingers and thumbs. See how many intricate ‘finger – dancing’ moves you can make with your fingers and hands.
3. Sit up with your legs straight out in front of you, stretch your arms up in front of you and interlace your hands above your head. Breathe in and as you breathe out, lean over to your left. Relax your shoulders and your jaw and take 3 – 5 rounds of deep yogic breathing. Ahh…enjoy the lengthening and sense of openness in the sides of your body as you stretch. Return your arms to centre. Breathe in and as you slowly breathe out repeat on the opposite side.
4. Still sitting, with your legs straight out in front of you, wobble and rock gently side to side on your bottom. Do this for about 1-2 minutes. Remember to take deep breaths throughout the exercise. When you have finished, remain seated, sit still and just be aware of how your body feels.
5. Swing your legs round, till you are sitting on the side of your bed, feet touching the floor, rest your hands on your thighs, lengthen your spine, relax your shoulders, try and create space between your ears and shoulders, look down your nose and have a soft gaze. Breathe in and as you breath out gently turn your upper body to look over your left shoulders. Take 3 – 5 rounds of deep breathing and return to centre. Inhale and exhale and repeat on the opposite side.
6. Still seating on the side of your bed, pretend to chew gum, open and close your eyes, wiggle your eyebrows, make funny faces then open your mouth wide, stick out your tongue and ROAR like a lion. Relax.
7. Stay seated and flop forward, like a raggy-doll, let your head hang loose, and stay floppy for 1-2 minutes. Let it all hang out. Breathe slowly and deeply as you Slowly return your body to an upright position. Rest your hands on your thighs. Smile. Give Thanks and Feel Energised and Ready for your day.
There you go, chose a couple of these easy to do yoga-in-bed exercises. Email me and let me know which ones you enjoyed the most. Stay Relax and Have a Happy Day.