List of Supplies needed for Paramedical Examiners - Mobile Phlebotomist
Paramedical Examiner Tips
Some people ask me, "do I get queasy from drawing blood." And I tell them, "No it doesn't bother me" because I enjoy being a Phlebotomist. With being a mobile Phlebotomist your schedule is a little more flexible. Also some people question, "how do you get patients or clients?" And I tell them, there are a few ways, one way is through another paramedical company; which the patient visits is given to them by the Life Insurance Company. Most exams are given by Life Insurance Agents, DNA Companies, employers for their employees and other companies in need of medical specimen results for individuals, families, or groups.
There are different positions as a Mobile Phlebotomist, but serves for the same purpose, such as:
Independent Contractor Examiner - working for many companies with some flexibility, paid per exam.
Independent Contractor Examiner - working for one paramedical company getting paid per exam.
Employee Examiner - is paid by the hour, with other benefits and filing your taxes at the end of the year.
Names for Phlebotomist that Drive to Visit Patients:
♦ Paramedical Examiner
♦ Mobile Phlebotomist
♦ Insurance Examiner
♦ Field Examiner
Sharps Container Disposal
There are a few ways to dispose your sharps container, once it's half full. One way to dispose of your sharps containers is at your local fire department. First you ask if they accept "used sharps containers." If that fire department say that they do take used sharps container; then you give them the half full sharps container. Say thank you, and then you many leave. Another way is to ask the trash company that picks up your weekly trash. They might have information about disposal of medical waste.
- Heritage Lab, 1121 W. highway 56, Olathe, KS 66061-9819, 913-764-1045 phone, 913-764-5679 fax
- CRL Clinical Reference Lab, 8433 Quivira, Lenexa, Kansas 66215, 913-492-3652 phone, 1-800- 882-1922 toll free, 913-492-8880 fax
- LabOne, 10101 Renner Road, Lenexa, KS 66219, 913-577-1777 phone, 913-894-0287 fax
© Sabrina A. K.
List of Needed Mobile Phlebotomy Supplies
1. Centrifuge Machine
19. First Aid Kit
2. Blood Pressure Unit (sphygmomanometer)
20. Clorox Wipes
3. Sharps Container/Bio Hazard Container
21. Fed Ex Lab Bags and Slips
4. Lab Kits - CRL (Clinical Reference Lab), LabOne, Heritage Lab
22. Ice Chest
5. EKG Machine and the type of paper for that particular machine
23. Dry Ice
6. Alcohol Preps
24. small Soap Pump
25. (Sewing) - Measure Tape
8. Sterile Gauze
26. (Handyman) - Metal Measure Tape
9. Non-Latex Gloves
27. Cell Phone
10. Carry-case with Wheels
28. Map of your city or state
11. Purell - Hand Sanitizer
29. Lancets (for finger punctures)
12. Box of Tourniquets (non-Latex)
30. An Appointment Book
31. Insurance Company Forms
14. Non-Digital Scale, (light weight)
15. Bandage Tape
33. Fax Machine - 4 in 1 features
16. Cotton Balls
34. Clip Board
17. a time Watch (with a seconds hand)
35. Several Ink Pens (black ink only)
18. Extra Blood Collection Tubes
37. Business Cards
38. Paper Clips, Stapler, and other stationary supplies
by; Sabrina A. K.
My other Article on Venipuncture Steps
- Venipuncture Steps for Mobile Phlebotomist
The most important part of Phlebotomy procedure is to confirm the patient's photo identification. Venipuncture steps for Mobile Phlebotomist makes it easier for the patient and the Phlebotomist.
Interact With the Patient, and Understand the Patient's Needs. A Friendly and Caring Attitude Goes With Phlebotomy
Life Insurance Paramedical Exam Forms
- IMS Insurance Forms Section
When you're on the website you don't need to login, just click on "Paramed Forms" tab. IMS has proudly been in the business of doing insurance exams since 1993. Our home office is in Fremont , CA and we operate nationwide through
Blood Serum Tubes
My Other Article on "Order of Draw for Blood Tubes"
More by this Author
Memorizing the "Order of Draw for Blood Tubes" can be easy. Did you know that there is no additive in the red top tube? Also, knowing which tests are required for each color top blood tube is important.
The most important part of a Phlebotomy procedure is to confirm the patient's photo identification. Venipuncture steps for Mobile Phlebotomist makes it easier for the patient and the Phlebotomist.
Some popular jean brands of the 80s are still being wore today, and the named brand jeans of the 80s last longer than some of the jeans made today.