Ten Diet Pills for People Who Want Help Losing Weight
There are many different ways to lose weight. Most of the weight loss methods that are successful over time are methods of weight loss that require a lot of effort from the individual who is trying to lose weight. But what are we supposed to do if we're the kind of people who don't have the will power to put in that much effort? Many people turn to diet pills to help them with this problem.
Pros and Cons of Diet Pills
It should be noted that there are both benefits and drawbacks to using diet pills to lose weight.
Some of the benefits of using diet pills to lose weight include:
- Rapid weight loss. You're going to lose weight fairly quickly when you use diet pills to help you lose weight.
- Higher energy levels. Diet pills typically boost your energy which is a nice feeling. Other diets can make you feel sluggish for awhile while you get used to them.
- Doctor's help. If you are using prescription diet pills then your weight loss will be overseen by a doctor which isn't often the case when dieting on your own.
Some of the drawbacks of using diet pills to lose weight include:
- Risk of addiction. There are some people who find that they can't stop using the diet pills once they've started because they're afraid that they'll gain back the weight.
- Nervous or anxious feelings. The same aspects of diet pills that give you energy can also heighten your feelings of anxiety or make you feel jittery and nervous.
- Results may not last over time. Switching to a healthy eating lifestyle may have more permanent results than using diet pills to lose weight.
Most people find that diet pills work for them for a short time but that they can't sustain their use over time without having other health problems. As a result, diet pills may be best when used to initially lose weight while also learning how to eat healthy and exercise properly so that you can ultimately stop using diet pills and still keep the weight off.
Ten Options for Diet Pills
There are more diet pills out there than you can possibly count but here are ten of them that you might want to look at more closely if you think that you could benefit from using diet pills to lose weight:
- 72 Hour Diet Pill - Some people don't want to use diet pills to lose weight permanently; they just want to lose enough to fit into a great outfit for a special event. That's what this diet pill is for.
- Adipiex - This is a prescription diet pill which must be obtained and overseen by a doctor. The major drawback of this one is that it tends to interact poorly with other prescription drugs.
- Alli - This is an over-the-counter weight loss drug that many people considered to be among the leading diet pills available to the average person today.
- Didrex - This is a prescription diet pill which is amphetamine-based. Some people think that amphetamine diet pills are the best diet pills but others aren't convinced so it may not be right for everyone.
- Dren - This is a relatively new diet pill that claims to be more effective at breaking down fat than other diet pills on the market today.
- Hydroxycut - This popular diet pill is good because it's designed to be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise plan to speed up natural weight loss.
- Meridia - This is a diet pill which can only be obtained by a doctor's prescription and which requires that you have a certain high Body Mass Index to be allowed to use it. For people who meet the conditions of getting Meridia, this can be a good diet pill.
- Patentrim - This product claims to have more than five times the results-giving ingredients of other diet pills which could be why it's one of the most popular diet pills on the market today.
- Thermodrenix - This diet pill consists primarily of green tea. People who are interested in green tea diets may also be interested in diet pills that are based on green tea.
- Xenical - This is one of the most interesting diet pills on the market today because it comes in both a prescription form and an over-the-counter form.
Figuring Out Which Diet Pills Are Right For You
In order to determine which of these diet pills (or the many other diet pills that are available to you) is going to be the best one to choose, you should ask yourself a series of questions including:
- What are my weight loss goals for using these diet pills? If you want to lose weight so that you can fit into a wedding dress, you might want a product like the 72 Hour Diet Pill whereas a more long-term weight loss plan might require you to use a different diet pill than this.
- How overweight am I? There are some diet pills, like Meridia, which are really only intended for people who are overweight whereas other diet pills are safe for people who just want to lose a few pounds.
- Do I need a doctor's supervision for the use of diet pills? If you aren't able to monitor your own health carefully for any reason then you will want to get prescription diet pills so that a doctor can oversee your weight loss and make sure it happens safely. You may also want to see a doctor for diet pills if you have other health issues that diet pills could interfere with.
- Which ingredients interest me most in diet pills? Do you want a diet pill like Thermodrenix that's a green tea diet pill or do you have more interest in a product like Didrex which is amphetamine-based? Think about what you want going in to your body.
After asking yourself these questions, you should have a good idea of which diet pills to choose for your weight loss plan.
More by this Author
Weight gain is something that the majority of us are familiar with. It happens when we slack off on our diets, start eating unhealthy food and fail to exercise as much as we should. (That combination is why...
We all know that if we want to lose weight than we have to burn off more calories than we take in. It’s a simple equation that most of us can understand. Getting ourselves to actually do the work necessary to burn...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.