Twenty One Things You Can do Today to Be Happy and Healthier
Why we Should Strive to be Happier.
It seems we all need some uplifting from time to time. The heat of the summer and late nights has been taking it's toll on my mood and I realize we can all do a few small things to make life better.
The stresses of life make a huge impact on our physical and emotional well being. This is a small list but it offers some things that can make a large impact on your personal well being.
Stress can be good and bad. Bad stress can be alleviated with just a few small changes to our schedule and routines.
Great Products to Try
the only All-in-One Gummy Vitamins for Adults, which combine a full multivitamin with 10 key nutrients including B Vitamins, Zinc & Choline, with 450 mg of Omega 3 DHA + EPA from fish oil and 225% RDI of vitamin D3 into one delicious serving of gummies. SmartyPants for Adults contains the same winning formula and taste as our Kids Vitamins but at a serving level appropriate for Grown-Ups. Made in California in a GMP Certified facility with only the best, organic, natural and eco-friendly ingredients
How to Live and Happy and Full Life
Twenty One Things To Make your Life Better
- Go to bed before 11pm . A dear friend once told me every hour before 11pm is worth 2 after!!!!
- Go outside everyday and walk around your home every morning. Get some fresh air, sunlight and exercise. Even if you can't actively exercise you can walk a few feet, then blocks and before you know it your entire neighborhood.
- Always park at the far end of the parking lot and enjoy a walk to your destination. Have the added plus of no nicks and dings in your car doors. Ladies, I would be careful doing this after dark.
- Start a book and try to read for at least 20 minutes a day. Before you know it you will be hooked and finishing novels in days!!!!
- Start drinking green tea in place of soda at least once a day. Some soda's have actually been suggested as cleaning products to remove corrosion. Wonder what it does to our stomachs?!?!
- Add a serving of fruit to your diet every day. I like to think of fruit and veggies in the same category. This is especially true for toddlers who can be very picky eaters. There are many vitamins and minerals in fruits especially unpeeled.
- Take extra vitamin D, a good anti-oxidant like fish oil or Krill oil, and extra B vitamins. Studies have shown many of us have become deficient in vitamin D, especially women. It is a strong preventive of some major diseases. Fish oil with omega3 is also known to be an anti inflammatory and can help pain, heart disease and more. B vitamins will help your mood, energy, brain. I can always use more energy and mood elevation!!!
- Give your family more hugs. We all need to be touched. Studies show our body and especially brain reacts touch. Our neurotransmitters love this.
- Call one friend every day
- Brush your teeth and floss twice daily. Did you know good oral hygiene actually decreases dangerous infections that can increase your risk of heart disease.
- Wash your face or at least use a beauty wipe to take off old makeup
- Pray and meditate daily. Meditation has a calming effect on the body. Think of it like your own special gift to yourself. I like to relax and pray in the morning with my first cup of coffee as I try to prepare for my day.
- Take the stairs as much as possible.
- Turn off your phone and computer at least an hour before bed or at least turn down the brightness on your computer screen. The lights emitted from these screens can actually play havoc on melatonin a chemical needed to prepare your brain for sleep.
- Write a note to someone you know needs lifting up at least weekly. Think of others takes the focus off of ourselves and helps us to realize we are not alone in our struggles. It also helps to strengthen friendships.
- Eat almond oil in place of peanut butter several times a week. Almond milk is a great replacement for the fluid in your protein shake. It is loaded with vitamins and protein.
- Eat a handful of almonds daily to jump start your metabolism
- Switch from white bread to whole wheat bread. Whole wheat has more fiber and vitamins.
- Switch to olive oil or coconut oil as much as possible and help your heart.
- Relax more. Life has a way of working itself out if you can let go and let God. The things we worry about today will be but a distant memory in the future.
- Try to let go of past mistakes. We are human and all make mistakes. God calls us to let go of our transgressions and wrongs and move forward to live in the present.
Hope these few ideas help. Sometimes just a few changes can give us a jumpstart to change our lives for the better. Hoping these ideas help jumpstart you to a better life.
- Live Longer and Healthier- How to take better Care o...
How to take care of your body and soul in record time and still live a longer more rewarding life!!!
- Walking-A Great Way to Start A New Lifestyle Of Exer...
How to begin a new physical fitness routine particulaly walking with specifics on shoes, streches, how to begin and end. Ways to keep moral up and monitor your progress by our bodiy changes in positive ways with great links to helpful pages on subjes
- Easy Solutions and Tips for Everyday Problems
Tips on how to save your sanity and keep your house clean.
More by this Author
systemic lupus erythematosis. Symptoms, complications, treatment. Living with lupus, a personal story.
How we are effected by stress and ways to deal with it.
My surprise experience with the birth of our twins. What the pregnancy was like, why no one knew we were having twins, the delivery and after.