The 6 Best Fat Burning Exercises – They’re Fun Too!
When you’re trying to lose weight and burn fat, half of the battle lies in finding the motivation to keep going.
The best way to tackle that, then is to find physically demanding activities that you can enjoy. Exercise is often hard, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it. Finding your physical passion is the best way to overcoming the dread that most people feel when it comes to thinking about fat burning.
This then, is a list of what I think are the 6 most enjoyable fat burning exercises. Am I right? Let me know below…there’s always room for more!
The 6 Most Enjoyable Fat Burning Exercises!
6. Try running. Don’t kill yourself – go for consistency, not speed. A consistent stretch of running on a treadmill, or in the outdoors will do wonders for your waistline, burning about 300 calories for every 30 minutes of exercise, depending on your weight.
5. Cross Country Skiing is probably something you’ve not considered before. Many of us don’t have access to remote skiing areas unfortunately, but don’t let that stop you! It’s now possible to find exercise machines which mimic all of the actions present in this workout. At 330 calories for every 30 minutes of activity though, this is definitely something you should look into!
4. Swimming is fun. Especially when it’s hot! Don’t let the heat ruin your commitment to getting and staying healthy. It’s cheap, too if you live near a beach or municipal pool. And for an average sized person, you can expect to burn about 400 calories per 30 minute session. And it’s great for asthma sufferers!
3. Walking and hiking are thoroughly enjoyable. What better way to burn fat than by getting into the outdoors and appreciating nature? The reward of a spectacular vista is enough to lure me. Depending on how fast and far you walk, and whether or not you’re hiking, you might find that you’ll burn on average 180 calories per 30 minute period.
2. Rock climbing – now we’re talking! Rock climbing has the benefit of not only working you in cardiovascular way, but also being a fantastic strength building exercise. The great part is, you don’t even need to live near a natural rock face to do it! With the prevalence of indoor rock climbing, you can now do it just about anywhere, any time and in any weather. And at 380 calories per 30 minute session for the average person, you’ll be having fun and burning fat at the same time.
1. Cycling is the best. It really is. I cannot think of a more fun way to lose weight than cycling. Get outside, see the country side, meet new people and enjoy the sun. Measuring the energy you expend while cycling can be a little difficult, because it depends on so much – like how far and how hard you ride. Though to give you a ball park figure, the average person burns around 250 to 500 calories while cycling for 30 minutes.
Fat burning exercises don’t have to be boring. Hard work, yes – almost certainly. But the trick to sustainable fitness is to find things first and foremost that you enjoy, and secondly that are physically demanding. That way you’ll never be short of the motivation required to keep fit and healthy.
What are you favourite fat burning exercises? Let us know below…
More by this Author
You’re not that old – but your body is starting to feel like it could do with a little bit of attention. Maybe your doctor has recommended a little toning – or maybe you’d just like to shape up...
Of all the health problems that summer and spring can bring, hay fever can be amongst the most debilitating and annoying. The constant interruptions to your life brought on by uncontrollable sneezing and irritated eyes...
Recently, I saw the film V for Vendetta. Set in a futuristic, alternate reality fascist Britain, V for Vendetta is a satirical drama that documents the efforts of V, a vaudevillian parody of the scarlet...