The A B C's of Vitamin Use
Vitamins provide the necessary ingredients that are bodies need to grow healthy. Most people have a poor diet and vitamins supplement the foods we eat so we have a nutrionally balanced diet.
Vitamins have other benefits than just balancing our diet. They refresh our skin, they help to ward of diseases, they help to clot our blood and they energize our bodies. Vitamins are very important to our overall well being.
What Vitamins Are Important?
Vitamins are confusing. They are named with letters and each help maintain health in certain parts of our bodies. Read further to see what the most popular vitamins can do for you.
- Vitamin A - It is important to eye sight. It also is vital in the growth and repair of body tissues. Vitamin A helps grows healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin A can be found in milk, sweet potatoes, carrots, liver and spinach.
- Vitamin B - There are actually 8 different types of Vitamin B. They are important in cell metabolism. Vitamin B is also important to the nervous system and the immune system. B complex vitamins are taken to maintain overall good health because they effect so many parts of the body. Vitamin B can be found in whole grain cereals,breads and leafy green vegetables. VItamin B12 is found in fish, shellfish and proteins.
- VItamin C - This vitamin protects the body from diseases. It is very impotant to make sure your body has the proper level of vitamin C. A deficiency of Vitamin C can make you more susceptible to colds. It can be found in oranges, strawberries, broccoli and bell peppers.
- Vitamin D - It is important to bone growth and helps the body to absorb calcium. It is responsible for maintaining normal levels of calcium and phospherous in the body. You can naturally get Vitamin D from sunshine. Fortified foods provide most of Vitamin D in food sources such as milk or orange juice. Salmon, eggs, and mushrooms grown in sunlight also have Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E - This vitamin is known for its antioxidant proerties. It protects cells from free radicals which may cause cancer or cardivascular diseases. Vitamin E can be found in avacado, asparagus, eggs and nuts.
- Vitamin K - It is important in making sure the blook clots properly and helps prevent bruising of the skin. Vitamin K can be found in spinach, brussel sprouts and green beans.
Additional Important Vitamins and Minerals
Folic Acid - It is important for proper function of the brain. It is needed in periods of growth such as pregancy and adolescence.
Magnesium - It is vital for the heart and muscles to work properly.
Calcium - It is stored in the hard part of the bones and is extremely important for healthy bones.
Iron - Iron delivers oxygen to the tissues through the blood cells.
Potassium - It is very important for complete body health. Potassium is vital to the proper functioning of the body's organs along with its cells and tissues. Keeping the proper level of Potassium is crucial to the body operating as it should.
Zinc - This miineral is very important in making sure enzymes work iin the body. It also plays a role in the proper function of the immune system.
Taking vitaman supplements daily will make sure the body recieves 100% of the daily recommended vitamins for good health.
The Truth About VItamins and Supplements
Vitamin Supplement Resources
More by this Author
If you want to save money this holiday season, check out this list of the best Christmas gifts under 10. Learn how to do gift giving on a budget.
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2016 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.
Holidays are not fun for everyone. Many people have trouble coping with the holidays. Here are some tips to help you get through all the stress that may be upon you during the holiday season.