The Basics of Stress
What causes stress is mental, physical and emotional tension. Stress arising from the tension created by the pressure within our body so that affects our body physically and emotionally and in the end we are not able to adapt to stress that happens to us. Effects of stress can come from outside or within us; depending on if the effects are unable to be adjusted by our ability to adapt, then we can experience stress. Most of the stress that we experience depends on how much pressure we get because the source of anxiety is different in each person.
Whatever the pattern of stress that we experience and to whatever level it is, it ought to be managed, because when you experience stress repeatedly and often, then stress can become anxiety. This is when we feel uneasy, tense, frightful or panicky simply because we still can’t deal with any unpleasant situations, individuals or places and it may lead to anxiety even depression. What we fear may not ever happen and by always thinking about what make us stress can make our self feel uncomfortable and it affects our whole body physically and mentally. It can influence our lives by making us to keep away from the people or any situations and makes us often fear and losing our self-confidence.
Stress can trigger many illnesses such as hypertension, diabetes, sleeping disorder, heart disease, sclerosis, and much more. In addition, stress that proceeds for long period of times can expedite: poor concentration, pique, outrage, poor judgment, or memory loss. Stress can also trigger marriage breakups, disharmony in the family, suicide and violence.
Causes of Stress
The causes of stress knew as stressors and there are various types of stressors are innumerable. Any situation in life experience by an individual where they feel intimidated or threatened and they cannot deal with the situation, can cause stress. It is important to know and make it as top priority that stress is an individualistic and derived from subjective experience where an individual does not experience stress without being triggered. Stressors could be broken down into harshly either from outside or inside (or a mixture of both).
Stress is identified from both outer and inner factors towards anyone who experiences it. Outside factors are included in the physical conditions, the situation in your workplace or at home and your connections with others. Not to mention challenges, troubles, the last events you've experienced, and activities you do everyday. Inside factors of stress confirms your body's capability to react and manage. Inside factors which impact your capability to handle the stress can affect your health status and the food you consume. It is also can make an impact on your health and stamina, enthusiasm in life, and the amount of rest and sleep you have everyday.
The causes of stress can impact in several situations below:
- Your health: Mainly, it will lead you to have an endless sickness for example coronary heart disease, diabetes, stroke or joint pain.
- Emotional situations: for example an outrage inside your feelings that you can't express, feeling depressed, sadness, feeling guilty, or losing confidence.
- Your connections: for example having problems with relationships or feeling lack of connections in your life with others (friends, family and someone you love).
- Life changes: for example losing your spouse or family members, losing your work or change apartment.
- Lack of Nutrition: Lack of nutrition can also trigger stress on a person. It is better if we know what we eat and what kind of nutrition is included from the food we consume. Having good balance in nutrition can keep our body healthy both physically and mentally.
- Irregular Sleeping: We need to sleep regularly to keep good metabolism in our body. People need to sleep around 7-8 hours per day and regular sleeping keep our body stays healthy.
- Fear in something: Some people fear about something in their life such as fear to be bullied at school, having a secret and fears to tell it to someone, has a phobia about certain things such as fear to spider or afraid in height places. Any kind of fear can trigger stress towards a person.
- Financial problems: Not enough money to fulfill your needs can trigger stress.
How to reduce Stress:
Even though the case is different in every person who experiences stress, making certain lifestyle change is great to help reduce the stress. First, begin by consuming a well-nourish food, individual who experiences stress should have enough nutrition from food and balance it by having enough rest and exercise to burn calories. Also, it is better for people who are having stress in their life to start a healthy lifestyle. Avoid consume tobaccos, caffeine, alcohol and drugs that have significant impact and problems to your health.
Try to do something healthy and fun to train your mental and physical condition. You can start by making a good connection between your co-workers, friends, family and being open mind person and try to think positive. Practice Yoga, Tai Chi, or meditation to hone your mental and physical condition. You could also have fun by playing some brain games such as Sudoku or chess.
More by this Author
Can we compose songs without knowing how to write music? Actually yes we can, there are several ways to create songs without have to understand musical notes or go to music school first. If you are confused where to...
There are some tricks and hidden secrets on Google translate application and it’s quite fun and entertaining. Read more to find out!
Beanies are a head covering, usually used in winter, and mostly knitted or woven. There are several models and styles.