The Best Chest Exercises for Men
If you are looking for the best chest exercises to build a toned and muscular chest, I am here to help. These exercises will help you quickly tone or build a hard muscular chest in the least amount of time.
Picking your exercises is no different than choosing the proper foods to eat. If you pick the wrong foods you will not see much if any progress, if you pick the correct foods you will see improvement in no time at all.
The same goes with specific exercises. Your chest is usually the first muscle group people will notice on you because of the location of your pecs sitting high up and in front of your torso. A muscular chest will attract attention every time. Let’s get to the exercises.
There are 2 main parts to your chest, Pectoralis major and Pectoralis minor. Your upper and lower chest muscles. You don’t need to do a wide variety of exercises to tone this area.
The exercises I am going to share with you can be used solely for many years with great success just by changing up the repetition and weights you use. These exercises can also be done with either a barbell or a dumbbell or even cables if you work out at a gym.
If you have any type of shoulder discomfort when performing these exercises using a barbell, try to do them with dumbbells. Dumbbells give your shoulder more freedom to move in a more natural motion where a barbell will restrict you slightly.
How to Bench Press Correctly
How to perform the Dumbbell Incline Press Correctly
You can use these exercises in any order you want. I recommend using just a couple of the movements each workout so you don’t overtrain and also so you can get a feel for what is working for you. Follow the instructions in the videos and you are on your way.
1) The old standard flat bench press has been around forever and there is a reason for that. For the most part it works. I say for the most part because some people have shoulder pains from this exercise when using a barbell, if that is you then I suggest trying this one with a pair of dumbbells. So yes, you can use a barbell or dumbbells for this exercise. Make sure to practice perfect form when performing any exercise to get the maximum benefit and to prevent injury. The flat bench will help to develop mass in your chest and anterior deltoids.
2) Incline barbell and dumbbell presses are next. I prefer about a 30 degree incline so not to include too much shoulder usage and keep the focus on the chest. If you have to high of an incline you will be performing more of a shoulder workout. Again make sure to use proper form. This exercise will really help to add some meat to your upper ribs.
How to Perform the Dumbbell Flyes
How to Perform the Dip for Chest
How to Perform the Push Up
3) Next exercise is dumbbell fly's performed on a flat bench or an incline bench which would again be kept at about a 30 degree incline. As with the exercises above make sure to take your time when performing them using proper form at all times. When performing fly's try imagining you are hugging a whiskey barrel with dumbbells in your hands. That movement is exactly how you want to perform this exercise. A big circular hug.
4) Another great toning and muscle building exercise for your chest is the body weight dip. When performing the dip for your chest, make sure to lean forward to take the stress off of your triceps and shoulders as much as possible. This exercise will cause some people shoulder pain, if you find it uncomfortable then immediately stop the exercise, the other exercises already mentioned are more than enough.
5) Last but not least is another old standard, the push up. The push up not only helps to tone and build a muscular chest but are also great for helping keep your core strong as the push up mimics the core exercise called the plank. The push up also works smaller stabilizing muscles in the back area.
Perform 2 chest workouts over a 7 to 8 day period and you will find your pecs busting out of your shirt in 4 to 6 weeks.
I hope you agree that these are the best chest exercises for men.
- Inverted Rows to Build Your Back Muscles
How to build a strong muscular upper back by doing inverted rows. This bodyweight only exercise is a great way to build and tone your upper back muscles.
- How to build BIGGER arms fast
Building bigger arms is not all that hard. All it takes is consistency and a little bit of effort when it comes to lifting weights. The muscles in the arms are not that big compared to other muscles in the body like your back and legs so the effort t
- How to build big thick shoulder muscles
The best way to build big shoulder muscles. If you want to build big thick cannon ball size shoulders so wide that you have to turn sideways when you walk through doorways then keep reading. Big thick deltoids that are balanced proportionately are im
- How to build big Trapezius Muscles
How to build big thick Trap muscles. If you want to look big strong and intimidating you have to get your traps growing now. Nothing says POWER more so than well developed big strong Traps.
More by this Author
Learn what muscle to exercise to attract women. Women are attracted to this muscle so make sure you show it.
Learn how to tone and firm flabby arms the most efficient way possible. Tone arms using these exercises to gain quick results.
Learn how to change your own bathroom and kitchen taps quickly and easily with no problems.