The Generation From 1945 - 1965
The First World War (1914-18) created instability in Europe, the effect was World War II starting two decades later, and ending in 1945. It ended with the atomic bombs that the United States dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki; the Soviet Union declared war on Japan, and the Japanese government surrendered to the United States and its allies.
Are you a baby boomer? A baby boomer is a person born between 1945 and 1965, after the end of World War II. The explosion of atomic bombs brought an explosion of new infants that became known as the baby boom. During the boom, an estimate of 77 million babies were born in the United States only...imagine the addition of other places.
It has been spread that Federal health officials proposed that this baby boom generation get a one time test for the hepatitis C virus; since, 2006 Census calculated that about 3.2 million Americans have hepatitis C and 75 percent of infected adults are boomers.
Some medical articles declare that baby boomers were infected in their teens and 20s, either through blood transfusions before HIV concerns promoted widespread screening in 1992, or with experimental injection drug use. hepatitis C is often asymptomatic while it damages the liver.
I was reading that Hepatitis C causes serious liver diseases including liver cancer, which is the fastest rising cause of cancer related to deaths, and the leading cause of liver transplant in the United Sates. Increased risk are to:
- Anyone who has ever injected illegal drugs
- Those that have been recipients of blood transfusions or organ transplants before July 1992.
- People with HIV.
Aging Baby Boomer
Do you trust the importance given to this matter of hepatitis C to the generation of baby boomer?See results without voting
Cause and Effects
- Within a radius of 1 kilometer from ground zero, lives were dead at Hiroshima between 70,000 and 80,000; and at Nagasaki over 35,000, almost instantaneously from the tremendous blast pressure and heat
- Damage to the ozone layer, which protects the Earth
- Houses and other structures were smashed, crushed and scattered
- Fires broke out
- National Schools were crumpled and collapsed with children inside
- Trees lost branches or were uprooted or broken off at the trunk
- Black radioactive ash, known as "black rain", kept on falling from the sky over Hiroshima for an hour after the detonation
- Survivors died hours, days, week, years and still dying by the results of radiation
Bombs detonation illustrated
Are we guinea pigs?
The United States has not shown importance to their "awesome" lethal effects of the atomic bomb and the insidious additional peril of the gamma rays that are speaking for themselves!
I think we all are guinea pigs!
Chemicals are worse than the condition you might have...I recommend to start giving your body a load of natural supplies and a peaceful life style.
We will all die of something...just don't let it be from the hands of those who do not consider the effects of their decisions or the value of life.
Blessings to all!
© Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
- U.S. Suggests All Baby Boomers Should Get Tested for Hepatitis C - Health Blog - WSJ
U.S. health officials are proposing all baby boomers get tested for hepatitis C, because they’re five times more likely than other adults to have the potentially fatal liver virus and many might not know they’re at risk.
- Hepatitis C cure - there is a natural way to quickly cure it!
"Traditionally, the power of medical sciences has been based on the fear of disease, particularly infectious disease."--Peter Deusberg
Hepatitis C and Baby Boomers
© 2012 Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
More by this Author
This hub is to honor José Joaquín Ávila Portalatín, known as Yiye Ávila.
Analyzing and applying Leonard Cohen's song "Dance me to the end of love"
From A to Z of the African People series, the letter F is dedicated to the Fur people of Africa.