The Healing Emotions versus the "Dis-ease" Causing Emotions
The Healing Versus Disease Causing Emotions
How your state of mind effects your health.
Can we ''will'' ourselves ''well''?
A positive attitude can change everything.
The healing emotions are like vesperal breezes wafting across your mind, soul and body.
We all possess "healing" emotions.
Peace and Tranquility
The Healing Emotions
The healing emotions are like beautiful vesperal breezes wafting gently across your mind and your soul.
Positive emotions and positive attitudes can do wonders for your mental and physical health and well being; as well as for those around you. Some positive thoughts and emotions that best enhance your overall well being:
- 1. Love is the most important and the most pleasurable of all of our emotions. It is what humanity thrives on, both mentally and physically. There is no love that is wrong, or negative, on your overall health. Of course there are always exceptions to everything: unrequited love can be devastating but it can be overcome with a positive attitude, and time. The physical aspect can also contribute to a healthy mind and body. There should be no shame, or guilt, if enjoyed mutually by consenting adults.
- 2. Trust is essential to good health. You must trust in your own emotions, feelings and natural desires. Trusting others is a matter of faith in the basic goodness of humanity. Those who abusively and irreparably betray your trust are not worthy of your presence in their lives.
- 3. Laughter is the best medicine. That statement is truer than you might think. Laugh at yourself, at "appropriate" adverse conditions, and they will be overcome more easily. Laughter actually releases healing hormones in the body. But caution here - laughing at others' problems, injuries, or in scorn and ridicule, actually have the opposite effect. And the old adage: "Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone." is certainly true.
- 4. Acceptance of things in general as simply a part life's ups and downs. But most importantly acceptance of what you perceive to be shortcomings in others is most important. Judging and ridiculing others for anything that you do not understand, or 'approve' of is a negative on you well being.
- 5. Tolerance is key to your inner harmony. If some one annoys, or irks, you by their remarks, actions, or lifestyle, discuss this with them, but do not try to change anyone to suit your personal standards. If you can not tolerate any aspect of another person, get over it, and simply move on with your own life.
- 6. Affirmation of your personal choices to be a positive person is also essential in maintaining a positive life style, both mental and physical. By validating your own commitment to a positive lifestyle, you will be confirming your desire and commitment to also be that positive influence in the lives of others. Verbalizing your personal affirmation to others is inappropriate and unnecessary. It would negate their belief that you are in fact a sincerely positive influence.
- 7. Forgiveness is the most important of all positive emotions and thoughts. Forgive yourself first. You can not learn to forgive others unless you can learn to forgive yourself. You should also understand that at times others will inadvertently, or even deliberately, do or say something hurtful to you or to others. When this happens, discuss it, if appropriate, and move on with your life. If you inadvertently say or do something to hurt others, apologize, forgive yourself, and with a positive conviction to not repeat whatever it was, leave it in the past and move on. And always remember: "You can not change the past, but you can forge a better tomorrow by what you do today".
- 8. Peaceful contentment is the ultimate prize for positive emotions, positive attitudes, and treating others exactly the way you would like to be treated by them.
So - before you speak, or act, silently ask yourself - "How would I want to be treated if i was in their position?". And always keep in mind that "There, but for the grace of God, go I" ; And then speak your words carefully.
The "dis-ease" causing emotions
The "dis-ease" causing emotions are like a continuous destructive storm raging relentlessly inward and onward; from your mind, out of your mouth, and into the ears and minds of others. "Sticks and stones, may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Not quite a truism after all, is it? You surely can hurt others by hateful words.
Just as surely as positive attitudes have a good and healthy effect on one's body and mind; so do the negative emotions cause 'dis-ease', unrest, and unhealthy bodies and minds; not only for the "disturbed" negative person, but all those around them. Some negative thoughts and emotions to avoid and overcome:
- 1. Hatred is probably the worst of the negative emotions. It is not realistic and extremely harmful to the emotional and physical well being. It serves no useful function in anyone's life. It is usually only a "perceived" intensely, hostile aversion derived from fear, anger, or sense of injury. It has NO basis in logic and does not belong in a "normal" healthy life. If some one harms you, discuss it, come to terms with it, or move away from it. Anyone who would deliberately cause you to feel this negative emotion should have NO valid place in your life.
- 2. Distrust as a blanket policy is quite destructive and unnecessary. Distrust comes from a closed mind, or narrow view of, those you distrust. It is a choice, and harmful to mind and body. If someone has proven they cannot be trusted, discuss it with them, forgive yourself and them, and move on with your life, either with, or without, them in it. Distrust in another person, or group of people, is generally due to lack of understanding of what it is that you find negative about it. Investigate, learn, try to understand - or simply just move on with your life outside of the influence of your object of distrust.
- 3. Misery - the great lover of company. We create our own misery - as a state of mind. No one else can make you miserable. If they do so, it is only because you are allowing them that privilege to do so. If you do not enjoy the misery, discard it, and the person trying to put it on you. It IS as simple as that.
- 4. Rejection (the opposite of acceptance). To reject is to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose, or use. Or to refuse to see, hear, receive, or admit into your life, something, or someone, for any reason. Something, or someone you deem as unsatisfactory for what ever reason; because they do not meet your personal standards, is your own personal choice to make. Most assuredly judgmental-ism is the main factor in your rejection. Try not to reject or neglect anything that you see as inferior to yourself. For in their eyes, or the eyes of others, the opposite might be perceived of you.
- 5. Intolerance. Similar to rejection, but with the subtle difference that it is an intangible emotion based on nothing real. Intolerance is a personal choice that one makes based on nothing except conjecture, generally perceived by others and adopted by you without logic. This negative emotion serves NO purpose except to make the user of it miserable, ergo, unhealthy.
- 6. Denial of self. Denigrating our self worth is damaging to our health both mentally and physically. We deny self importance, or our own validity, based on our false perceptions of how we think that others see us. This self view is perpetuated by advertisements portraying youth and beauty as the norm; serving to falsify our own image as we compare ourselves to those models in the ads and the glamor and beauty that the media displays as 'perfect' people. What a crock. There are NO perfect people. Blaming others for our own short comings is part of the self denial, or rather a direct result of it. We can never compete with the falsely made up beauty that we compare ourselves to, and blame everyone around us for that failure of being able to equate ourselves with that false beauty. Instead of this blame and self recrimination, we should be taught, and teach our children, that physical beauty is only skin deep. Real beauty dwells within each and every one of us. Every person is beautiful in their own right.
- 7. Being unforgiving is the most harmful of all emotions. When we refuse to forgive all around us, we are in essence refusing to forgive ourselves for the short comings we only think" we have. Judging ourselves and others by someone else's standards is ill advised as that condemnation always manages to reverberate back on those who think they have the right to judge anyone but themselves.
- 8. Depression (and sadness) go hand in hand and are the culmination of all those negative emotions, or any one one of them in severity.
Negative thoughts and emotions can weigh heavily on the mind, and create a physical environment that readily allows 'dis-ease' to take hold.
Striving for a healthy body, and a happy mind, will not only create physical health, but a quietude of mind that leads to inner peace, harmony, and serenity.
There can be no other goals as precious as these in this lifetime. All the gold, wealth, and power, in this world can not buy happiness and peace of mind.
by: d.william 07/15/2011
How to stop negative thinking
- Increase Your Students' Capacity To Think
Adolescence is a time when students are figuring out who they are, in terms of their goals and values. Cognitive development during this time is especially crucial. For children matriculating through middle...
- LOVE IS ALL THERE IS - LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES.
Last night i woke up at 3:20am to a voice in my bedroom saying over and over:
© 2011 d.william
More by this Author
Understanding the multiple causes of mental disorders in the elderly makes caring for them easier.
- 9Accurate Blood Pressure Readings. It is all in the Cuff placement. A MUST KNOW before starting bp meds
Take control of your own health care. No one else cares about your health besides you. We must learn to take some responsibility for our own well being. Never be afraid to ask questions.
Greed, Judgmentalism, & Self Serving: the roots of all evil. Eliminate these and all the troubles in this world would just fade away.