The Health Benefits of Spirituality
Everything changes when you discover spirituality - it all just seems to click into place. Seeking the truth ceases to be environmental, but internal. Yes, spirituality comes from within - it is all about you! When you find yourself and realise the interconnectedness of all things to one source, then you find peace. It is only after this you realise that there are health benefits from spirituality.
Through my own personal observations, there have been many great changes in my health and I am grateful to be in the best of health since my re-awakening. I am blessed and so are you.
The Perfect Balance
We are a balance of mind (intellect), body (the physical) and spirit. All is perfect, right and entwined. Each has it's function and each is no better or worthy of more attention than the other.
Whilst we are on this physical plain of existence, we must look after our WHOLE being. Our whole being, therefore, is the intellect, from where are thoughts and our vital control system operates, our physical - the case that incarcerates our whole being - and the spirit, the energy that coexists around and within our being.
It is the heart that bonds our whole being into one - this provides a central point for our thoughts, feelings and spiritual charge.
The Whole Being
Once we have realised that we are a whole being of the three, we can start to work on being the best we can be by looking after each component. As we do this, our whole being synchronises into one. It is then that you really do feel the health benefits of spirituality.
Spirituality, therefore, is about looking after your WHOLE BEING.
The soul feels the joy and the pain of the physical and intellect. The intellect feels the joy and the pain of the physical and the physical feels the joy and the pain of the intellect. It is only the soul that is pure, unconditional love. The spirit can not hurt your whole being, it can only know goodness and truth. It can be felt but it is up to your physical and intellectual you to listen. Confusion only comes into play if you choose.
So, the key is to ensure that you be your best by working on the body.
- Feed your body with natural and unprocessed foods with lots of fruit and vegetables. Prepare food by you and for you. Bless the food in preparation and give thanks for what you are about to receive.
- Moderate exercise daily - swimming and walking are good but do activities that you enjoy.
- Listen to your body. When you are hungry - eat. This is an earned hunger and it is your body telling you to replenish.
- Love your body for all the health it is giving you and be friends with your ailments.
As a symbolic comparison, imagine this. Your body is a train, the mind is the track and the soul is the electricity that runs the whole system. All components need to be maintained with only the the best parts so as the flow can keep going.
The mind is intelligent. It operates consciously and subconsciously, running every bodily function. So, how can you ensure your mind is functioning to it's best?
- A healthy diet filled with lots of fruit, vegetables, proteins and nuts - fish is great brain food!
- Exercise the brain with good thought input.
- Feed your mind with joy - beautiful visuals, happy music - whatever makes you feel good. Only you will know this because each person has individual 'joy' triggers. If it doesn't bring contentment, leave it alone!
- Listen to your feelings. These are great indicators that all is well or not so well.
- Take time out to think beautiful thoughts and gratitude for the life you have.
- Let go of grudges and forgive those who you have allowed to upset you. You are the one who is suffering when you hold grudges. This is not conducive to a happy mind and will manifest in both the body and intellect, creating an unbalanced vessle.
The spirit or soul is perfect energy. It is within and around everything living thing. Once your vehicle is running at its best capacity, the spirit (or whatever label you choose to call it) will find its own path to you. You will have learned to hear it's call because the mind and the body is working to it's optimum.
Take time out when the need takes hold for prayer, meditation or anything else that brings you to, what is termed, the alpha state of awareness. This is the dreaming and this is your own calling, especially made for you. You are perfect in this moment and everything is perfectly well.
The health benefits of spirituality is, therefore, about the balance of the mind, body and spirit. This is when you have achieved self actualization. Be happy, look after you and live the dream!
© Shazwellyn 2012 - This work is covered under Creative Commons License
-* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--*
More by this Author
- 42Best Aspergers Guide For Women And Girls With Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers Syndrome In Females
Undiagnosed Asperger's Girls and Undiagnosed Asperger's women are the lost generation. In the past women and girls have been undiagnosed and mis-diagnosed in the field of autism. The term autism spectrum disorder...
- 0The Mental Deficiency Act 1913, A Foundation To The National Health Service And Community Care Act 1990
The Mental Deficiency Act 1913 are the foundations of the evolved National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990. Find out why in this unique article where Lillian - someone with learning disability - helped the...
It is true - you can heal yourself! Energy healing is not something that has to come through another - you have the ability to do it yourself! Healers channel the energies - we are all healers.