The Mystery of Crystal Healing
Healing your body and mind with crystals is considered by some to be a form of pseudoscientific or alternative healthcare. Crystals are said to enhance and amplify a universal aura and earth healing energies that surround us. Sometimes they are used in conjunction with a mixture of crystal types and other therapies.
There are many varied explanations for how or why crystal healing works. In fact, they could fill a volume. But, so far no one has come up with any definitive answers. Some swear they work while others stick the whole notion in with the placebo. If you believe it works…it will. The ancients attributed it their gods. However, modern measuring apparatus has shown clear quartz crystal clusters to be strong amplifiers of energy.
Believers often cite quartz watches as a good example of how crystals work. The crystal in the watch holds energy from a battery and then vibrates at a precise rate keeping the time. All crystals and quartz absorb and release energy. This vibration is credited with their healing properties. Many wear jewelry made with crystals since it isn’t over obvious.
But, whether it works or not, various cultures have been using them for centuries. The first documentation of their use for healing was found on an Egyptian papyrus written about 1600 BC.
The practice continues today. They can be worn, put in a pocket, or ground into powder and mixed with a liquid for consumption. Apparently there is a certain crystal, or combination of them, to be used for different ailments. Which one, or combination to use, varies with who you ask. There seems to be as many different thoughts on the types as there are practitioners. There are quite a few varieties of quartz crystal, each with its own unique properties and energies. Most practitioners generally agree on the following list:
· Clear Quartz: Clear quartz has been used since ancient times, and was believed to be a source of energy and power. The most commonly used. Heals disease and tumors and problems physical or mental in nature such as circulatory disorders, burns, fever and as well as kidney and bladder infections. Also digestive problems if ingested.
· Malachite: Helps reduce inflammation, of joints and muscles. Prevents heart and liver ailments.
· Citrine: Depression, mood swings, emotional trauma, grief, addictions and removing body toxins.
· Fluorite: Stress, infections and viruses if taken internally, skin regeneration, ulcers, wounds, respiratory problems and makes joints more flexible.
· Blue fluorite: Nose, ear, throat and eye problems.
· Green fluorite: Intestinal cramps, stomach disorders and infections.
· Violet and purple fluorite: Bone marrow disorders.
· Yellow fluorite: liver and releasing toxins from the body.
· Amethyst: Circulatory and nervous system, production of hormones, migraines, arthritis and anxiety.
· Cinnabar: Depression, infection and immune system.
The idea of an aura appears in many religious traditions. It is a common theme in early Greek and Roman art as well as that of the Buddhists and Christians. The halo, also called a nimbus or aureole, was frequently included. The fundamental aspects of how crystals work deal with chakras. Chakras are seven power points of life force in the body and means wheel of light in Sanskrit. If these are unbalanced, it can affect physical and mental health. Although there are various interpretations as to what exactly a chakra is, the main ones are located alongside or inside the spine. Most practitioners recognize 7 chakra areas of the body and general types of stones or crystal used in treating them. They are:
· Root Chakra: rubies, garnet onyx, red jasper
· Navel Chakra: hematite, orange zincite, moonstone, carnelian
· Solar Plexus: topaz, citrine, amber
· Heart Chakra: rose quartz, Chinese fluorite
· Throat Chakra: turquoise, blue lace agate, aquamarine
· Third Eye: sapphire, lapis, lazuli, turquoise
· Crown Chakra: amethyst, clear quartz
And there are several types of practitioners and methods used. One is Reiki crystal healing where specific crystals are placed on specific chakras of the body, often at acupuncture points. Many use hand placements on body locations. This is a spiritually based method which uses mantras with which the practitioner communicates with “Reiki guides.” Christians may want to think twice about this practice.
Pranic Healers use their hands to detect problems with a patient’s aura. No physical contact is required since the practitioner works only with the energy. In Pranic crystal healing, crystals are used on the aura, or body's bio-electromagnetic field. The practitioner first cleanses the body using specific sweeping hand motions then replenishes the energy deficient areas with fresh energy, or Prana.
There are mixed views on the subject of crystal healing. Some swear by it, others have pointed out its dangerous. Dangerous because people seek out alternative therapies rather than qualified medical help. There are many conditions and diseases if not detected early enough, such as cancer, could potentially be fatal.
More by this Author
“It is a vicious cycle; ignorance breeds poverty and poverty breeds ignorance. There is only one cure for both, and that is to stoop breeding these things. Stop bringing to birth children whose inheritance cannot...
The practice of hypnosis dates back to ancient Egypt where “Sleep temples” were used for healing the body and treating emotional troubles. A high priest would put the afflicted to sleep and the person would...
CB's beccame popular during the 1970's. Partly because of the 1973 oil crisis and a nationwide 55 mph speed limit. CB’s were used to help truckers locate stations having fuel and avoiding speed traps