The Pros and Cons of The 17 Day Diet
Created by Dr Mike Moreno the 17 Day Diet made its debut on the Dr Phil and later featured on The Doctors.
The 17 Day Diet is a weight loss program was created to help people avoid putting on weight whilst on holiday.
How the 17 Day Diet Works
Every 17 days you change what you eat in order to put your body's metabolic rate into confusion. This type of eating plan is referred to as 'cycling' or 'rotation'
The diet runs over four cycles.
- Cycle 1: Accelerate. Encourages rapid weight loss, cleansing and fat burning. Discourages fat storage.
- Cycle 2: Activate. Resets the metabolism.
- Cycle 3: Achieve. Develop good eating habits, re-teach yourself how to eat carbs.
- Cycle 4: Arrive. A combination of the first three Cycles. On weekends enjoy your favorite foods.
The 17 Day Diet also encourages exercise and features a 17-minute exercise daily routine.
The PROs of the 17 Day Diet
- Cycling what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat has been proven to help accelerate weight loss and lose extra pounds in days.
- It is easy to understand and features an organized eating plan
- It teaches the body to crave and nourish itself through healthy eating
- Can be used at any time if you only have a few pounds to lose.
- Promotes eating healthy and clean food choices.
The CONs of the 17 Day Diet
- It ihas been difficult to access or purchase the book.
- It may only be suitable for short-term weight loss.
- It is possible that Cycled eating could result in an irregular eating pattern.
- It doesn't teach adequate mindset changes towards food
- It promotes a weekend break in Cycle 4. This could result in ruining all the hard work you have put into the diet to this point.
- 17 minutes a day exercise is not sufficient to really boost the metabolism.
The 17 Day Diet is a weight loss plan designed to help you take off weight fast and effectively. The plan was created to avoid the holiday weight gain and can be called on at any time throughout the year if you need to lose a few pounds or slim down for a special occasion. The four cycle eating plan is intended to burn fat, reteach you how to eat and the key component is to reset your metabolism so that it works efficiently.
However, the downside of losing weight too quickly is that unless you intend to follow the 17 Day Diet permanently you will probably regain the weight you lost. It really is not a long-lasting weight loss program but if you just want to knock off 5 to 10lbs quickly it's worth giving it a try.
Vote On The 17 Day Diet
How do you rate the 17 Day Diet?See results without voting
More by this Author
- 12Improve Anemia & Iron Deficiency Levels With Iron Rich Foods & Beetroot Juice & Get Your Energy Back
Anemia is a common blood disorder which may be caused by an iron deficiency. Consuming iron rich foods and Beetroot juices can act as a cure to anemia through its ability to regenerate and reactivate red blood cells....
The Truth About The Dukan Diet provides a review on the pros and cons of the Dukan Diet, a weight loss plan that promises fast, effective weight loss of up to 10lbs in 5 days. Read this hub and judge for yourself.
Find out how you can make money and earn $150 for only working 2 hours a day. You do not need any experience or money to invest in order to make money from the job prospect set out in this hub.