Treegasmic! Health benefits of inhaling Ponderosa Pine tree pollen
A fine, green layer of pine pollen powder coats every visible surface and has for over a week.
A report on Ponderosa Pine Pollen explains, "Ponderosa pine is wind-pollinated, and an analysis of the mating system indicates that the level of outcrossing is greater than 90 %. Selection specific for different environments is evidently strong enough to overcome the homogenizing force of migration and produce population fissuring in ponderosa pine."
From this, I understand that tree sex occurs in the air and that I inhale its fertilization mechanism. Oh dear Lord... Do Plants Have Sex?
Releasing Pine Pollen
Tree pollen lands on cones from similar species trees and fertilizes them. Pine trees are monoecious- male and female organs are found on the same living organism. In other words, there are male pine cones and female pine cones. Did you know this? I admit to never thinking about it.
But now that I do know this, walking out the door makes me blush.
A flower's fragrance declares to all the world that it is fertile, available, and desirable, its sex organs oozing with nectar. Its smell reminds us in vestigial ways of fertility, vigor, life-force, all the optimism, expectancy, and passionate bloom of youth. We inhale its ardent aroma and, no matter what our ages, we feel young and nubile in a world aflame with desire.
Diane Ackerman, at Pollinator Poetry
Pine Pollen Attributes for Humans
Beyond raising a blush, it occurs to me that this sexy substance might affect my health beyond itchy eyes and sneezing. I went online and sure enough, there are pine pollen tictures and pine pollen tablets claiming all sorts of health benefits.
If pine pollen tablets inject healthy green stuff into my system, the fresh unaltered stuff in the air must be even better... and in my unemployed state, more cost effective!
According to a site on the benefits of "Pine Pollen Calcium Chewing Tablets":
"In former times, during the successive dynasties of China, pine pollen was so precious as to be considered suitable only for presentation to the emperor as a tribute, to be enjoyed by the royal family and high-ranking officials. Stress was laid at that time only on its fragrance and taste. Scientific research later showed that pine pollen is also a food of perfectly balanced nutrition. It contains rich amounts of proteins, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, active enzymes and trace elements. The contents of proteins and amino acids in pine pollen are more than 5~7 times those in eggs and milk."
It is GREEN, after all. And isn't GREEN always good, Mama Nature?
Pine pollen tablets.claim many benefits, including:
1. Pine Pollen encourages the skin to metabolize. This leads to healthier skin, evidently. Unless it metabolizes into a rash. Metabolizing is mostly good because it encompasses "the sum of all biochemical processes involved in life". However, cancer is a biochemical process, as are immune deficiencies, right? And processes like sneezing might be considered negative.
2. Pine Pollen improves the Constitution. Doesn't this require a Congressional majority?
3. Rutin found in pine pollen strengthens capillary vessels. If my cardiovascular system was strong, would I consistently communicate from the heart?
4. Inhibits atrophy of glands, which is extremely helpful for men regulating the prostate function and for women starting the change of life, because it evidently fights osteoporosis.
5. It feeds the brain.
© 2010 Barbara
More by this Author
It's tough to throw out a pot of food, however, food that has been left out all night may be dangerous to eat.
- 58Tutor Scam on CRAIGSLIST .com-- my tutoring ad attracted scammers of the truth seeking profit, destroying trust
Scam artists target tutors on a regular basis. This hub details their methodology and provides a tag list of updated offenders as readers contribute names and email addresses. Information and references on identity...
Origins of words in English often explain their strange spellings. Here is an irreverent look at one such word, diarrhea.