Easy ways to lose 5 to 10 lbs in 7 days.
Keep it Simple
KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid
This article is a no nonsense straight forward easy to understand explanation to help you lose at least 5 to 10 lbs in only one week.
If you can read this article you can lose the weight, it is that easy. What I am going to tell you is not brain surgery and you might already know most of these things. You just have to apply them. What I like about these things is that they are not hard to do at all. You won’t even feel like you are trying to lose weight.
Okay lets get to it.
- Walk, yes walk. It is a great way to get the body burning calories. Walk every day and walk for more than twenty minutes. In my experience it takes at least twenty minutes to get the body primed and ready to lose some fat. The time you put in after the twenty minutes is what really counts. Walk at a medium or brisk pace. Don’t go to fast because you will shift into cardio mode and the body won’t let you burn off the fat. Don’t go to slow or you will not get the benefit you are looking for. Walk so that you can talk without gasping for air(to much). walk 60 minutes a day if you have time.
- Drink water. Ya I said it, drink water. How much do you drink now? Not enough. Did you know that water helps your body expel toxins among other things from your system? For every 20lbs of body weight I would drink an 8oz cup of water. Does it have to be filtered? That’s up to you.
- One of the most important points. Cut calories. But don’t cut so much that you are causing your body to go into starvation mode because if that happens your body won’t be letting any fat go any time soon. Shoot for just under however many calories your body requires to maintain it’s current weight. How many calories do you need to maintain your weight? Well you could Google that question or my suggestion is shooting for 10 calories per lb of weight.
Eat 5 to 6 small meals and snacks a day
- This one is tied to the point above. Eat 5 to 6 small meals and snacks a day. I suggest 3 meals and 3 snacks. Like this, Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, snack.
See not brain surgery. Spread out your calories you figured out from the point above over the day to figure out your meals and snacks.
Eating meals every few hours will fire up your metabolism and will also cause your body to start releasing the fat it is holding onto because it gets used to having something fed into it every few hours. Make sense?
- Do not skip breakfast no matter what. Even if you have to have a protein drink or something make sure you do it. You want to get your metabolism kick started immediately after waking and yes you want your body to know it will keep getting fed and that it can release some fat.
- Plan most of your meals for the week ahead of time and then get your groceries ahead of time.
- This one is very important. Cut out starchy foods. What’s a starchy food? Well again try googling that or here’s a few to stay away from for a week and if you can’t stay away for a week then cut right back to just about none of these things. White bread, white rice, potatoes, corn, most pastas, steel cut oatmeal is okay.
- Again this is tied to the point above. Research Glycemic foods and stay away from high Glycemic foods.
If you stay away from high Glycemic foods I guarantee you will drop the lbs. One tip regarding high Glycemic foods is that it takes 2 to 3 days before you feel it but when it starts WOW that fat just falls off. You deplete the glycogen in your body and your going to lose some weight.
- Increase your protein ratio in the food you eat and eat more fiber. Take Metamucil if you have too. Get it done.
- Do anaerobic exercise. This type of exercise promotes the growth of muscle tissue and in my experience is the best way to lose weight. Lift some weights, do some pushups, knee bends, jump squats.
Cardio is good for cardiovascular health and burns calories while you are working out but once you stop the calories being burned drops off drastically.
Lift some weights though and your body keeps burning the calories long after you exercise to help repair the muscle tissue and also to feed your muscle. I highly recommend this one.
- Motivate yourself in whatever way works for you. Music, videos. Do it more than once a day.
Last but not least
- Brush your teeth after every meal. This will help with keeping your face out of the fridge. Trust me it works. Chew sugar free gum between meals and snacks also. Oh and did I mention drinking more water? Do that too between meals and snacks.
- The best point yet. Have a day where you can have a meal that you know is not good for you but keep it in moderation. some call it a cheat day. wait until the end of the week to do this though, the sixth day is fine. You hopefully won't want to cheat by that day.
I can go on and on but I believe if you just follow the tips here you will lose 5 to 10 lbs in just 7 days.
Now if you only have 5 lbs to lose then chances are this is what you are already doing and if that is the case then I would suggest interval training.
What’s that? Well you could Google it or ask me and I can write a new hub about it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. My knowledge in this area is vast.
From Judo to boxing to bodybuilding to marathons I have done it all and researched it all.
Good luck I know you can do it. Just try.
More by this Author
Being able to perform in bed is a very important part of being a man. This article is about increasing a male's hardness and the ability to function the way a man should be able to perform.
Learn what muscle to exercise to attract women. Women are attracted to this muscle so make sure you show it.
Learn how to tone and firm flabby arms the most efficient way possible. Tone arms using these exercises to gain quick results.