The health benefits and nutritional value that you can get from dried fruits
Dried fruits are nice and healthy alternatives when you cannot control your indulgence with sweets. High in fiber and good source of nutritional benefits, dried fruits are also good source of energy and have good amount of nutrients that reinforces the body.
For more than many centuries, dried fruits such as apples, figs, dates and apricots have been part of the diet of people that resided in the Mediterranean. Whereas dried plums, peaches and apricots are common and popular in Asia during the antiquities.
Keep in mind that eating two cups of dried fruits daily is suggested to make the most of the available nutrients and at the same time meet daily recommendations.
Here are the health benefits that can be derived from eating dried fruits:
- Apple has antioxidants that ward off cancer and has a significant amount of fiber.
- Apricot is most nutritious when it is eaten dried. This is also a good source of fiber and has vitamins A, C and Iron.
- Mango, which is one of the favorite dried fruits of the author, is in abundance of phytonutrients, vitamins A, C and E as well as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Cherry which is just added as a new antioxidant super fruit has significant levels of antioxidants, beta carotene, folic acid and fiber.
- Unlike other fruits, fig doesn’t lose its nutritional value when dried and has significant amount of iron, folic acid and potassium.
- Blueberry is another antioxidant super fruit which is loaded with vitamins A, B and E and helps in proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Tomato which is actually an fruit and not a vegetable is packed with vitamin C and Lycopene. The nutrients that are present in fresh tomatoes are still intact even when it is dried.
- Prunes which are good for treating constipation, have high levels of potassium and play a role in controlling blood pressure.
You may enjoy dried fruits further by serving them during parties or tossing them in salads.
So here you have it some valuable information about dried fruits.
My 5th Hub in the April 2013 HubChallenge
More by this Author
How to Apply Steam Inhalation and what are its wonderful effects? Steam inhalation implies the breathing of warm, damp air into the mucous membranes and respiratory tract. Here are the wonderful effects of steam...
How to Apply Hot or Cold Fever Sponge Bath? A sponge bath is usually performed to an individual with fever. Here are the Wonderful Effects of Hot or Cold Fever Sponge Bath: The sponge bath can reduce fever and...
The students for sure learn a lot of things in school. The students are cinched to discover, develop and hone skills that will be helpful later in life. The various subjects taught here are also expected to give the...
No comments yet.