The health benefits of passion fruit juice
Benefits of passion fruit juice
The Passion Fruit, otherwise known as the “Granadilla” or its botanical name “Pasiflora edulis,” is a small tropical fruit with an oval or egg shape and is mostly found in tropical countries in the South American regions of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. There are two (2) known kinds of Passion fruit; there is the Yellow Granadilla (Yellow or Golden colored Passion Fruit) and the Purple Granadilla (Purple colored Passion Fruit.)
It has an orange colored inside with edible seeds which has a distinct and aromatic flavor and the taste of this fruit is a combination of sweetness and tartness but can be very sour if unripe. This fruit can be eaten raw or cooked and is popularly used for culinary purposes such as in making sauces for various dishes; it is even used as toppings for desserts. It is also being used for juicing in order to make healthy beverages. It is actually gaining great reputation as a choice of exotic beverage especially for health enthusiasts; due to the many known health benefits of passion fruit juice. Some of these health benefits include the following:
Passionate Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
A refreshing and exotic smoothie made with passion fruit, pineapple, strawberry and peaches.
Chef's Name: Rebecca
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 scoops pineapple sherbet
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup peaches
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour into glass and serve.
Health benefits of Granadilla or Passion fruit juice
- Because of its somniferous and/or narcotic properties, one of the important health benefits of passion fruit juice is that it can induce calmness and helps greatly in the relaxation of the body, which is necessary to create a restful sleep. It can also act as a sedative. These properties can be handy for those who suffer from insomnia.
- The phytochemicals in the juice can also help in reducing the growth of cancer cells. Further research is being done confirming its high level of antioxidants that is also responsible for fighting cancer cells.
- It lowers the cholesterol levels of the body and plays a role in uric acid removal.
- Produces high levels of fiber that works as a laxative which can aid in the digestive process by regulating bowel movements and avoiding constipation.
- The Phenotic acids have anti-microbial properties and together with the flavonoids contained in this fruit, they function as an aid in heart protection.
- It is a good source of Vitamin C which helps the body in combating flu and other flu-like infections, and boosts the immune system. It is also known to help ease asthma symptoms.
- It also contains a good amount of Vitamin A which can help improve your vision and likewise fight infections.
- Another health benefits of passion fruit juice is its richness in potassium which is good in regulating heart rate, hypertension and can also lower the blood pressure due to the alkaloids contained in its juice.
- It is also a good source of beta carotene and other minerals such as iron, copper, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus.
- The Passion Fruit is also high in carbohydrates and simple sugars that actually help in improving a person's athletic performance - ideal for training athletes.
- One good health benefits of passion fruit juiceis its ability to assist the body in weight loss due to its low calorie, sodium and fat content, it can also serve as food medication to alleviate hyperacidity, gastric and duodenal ulcers, giving immediate relief for burning sensations felt in the stomach area.
- It can also relieve mild conditions such as anxiety, muscle tension, arthritic symptoms, control seizures, headaches and promote faster healing.
Due to its many health benefits, the Passion Fruit is really a wise choice to include in one's daily dietary plan for a healthier lifestyle profile. Many popular recipes are surfacing with the addition of this fruit as a core ingredient which is absolutely healthy and tasty.
More by this Author
Self-esteem is the way we feel about our-selves. It affects our daily lives in various ways. Low self-esteem can impact us negatively by making us feel useless and helpless, but in truth we are not...
No comments yet.