Throw Away Your TV! Why Watching TV Is Bad For Your Health
Yes I did tell you to throw away your TV! However, you may just want to sell it or give it to someone.
My Point is, is why TV is not necessary in your life. My article will consist of
- Why TV is Bad for your health both Mentally and Physically.
- Why Obesity in the world is becoming Pandemic
- What choices you can make to break a really bad habit and make a better choice.
I hope you leave here today encouraged, well informed, and moving forward to a better healthier life.
Its usually not the quantity in Life, its the quality Of life :)
Instead of living life and feeling horrible, it would be better, have a higher quality of Life by making better choices for you and your family.
Here's to your health!
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- FASTSTATS - Overweight Prevalence
Obesity is a Pandemic! (Obesity Chart showing tremendous increases in Obesity in the last 20 years.)
The Obesity Epidemic!
Do you realize in America Today that Obesity is an Epidemic? So many people are so in tune with TV programming, that they do not truly enjoy their lives. Hence Obesity in America today is becoming a Pandemic. It is worse than most diseases, and yet obesity causes diseases. Even young children are becoming overweight. From sitting in school all day to sitting at home and eating junk food or fast food while watching Television. Most Parent's and adults and teenagers do the same.
Exercise needs to be very important in ones life, for all ages. Should be incorporated at school or after school.
Plus a healthy diet as well.
Please see my article on
These articles will give you information on how to eat healthy.
Did You Know?
- Do you realize that the average American watches more that 4 hours of TV a day?
- Do you realize that that is 28 hours per week or 2 months of watching TV per Year?
- By the time you are 60 years old, you will have wasted 9 years of your life spent in front of a Television?
- Did you know that 99% of all Americans possess one TV
- Did you know that the average American contains 2.24 TVs per household
- Did you know that 66% of the average American has 3 or more TVs Per household
- Did you know that 56% of Americans pay for Cable TV?
- Did you know that 6 Million Americans rent videos on a Daily Basis?
What Can I DO besides Watching TV
This will include activities for singles, children, teenagers, and families as a whole :) There are so many other things that you can do besides sitting on a couch eating junk food and watching movies, football games, and the news. Part of Living is LIVING :) Sitting glued to a television is truly living a fantasy life in your head and not stepping outside to actually Live.
Here are some other choices: ( Make the change Today!)
- Learn how to play a new instrument (guitar, piano, or any instrument of choice)
- Learn a new language
- spend time with your kids (doing arts and crafts) I have an article on Salt dough
- go ice skating or roller skating (indoor activities)
- go bowling
- volunteering for school activities (indoor or outdoor)
- go to the library
- read a book to your sister/brothers
- play monopoly
- join a gym or health class
- do a puzzle
- learn to sew
- visit the elderly
- listen to music
- try meditation
- read an informative book
- look for a new business
- try out a home business
- go roller blading
- visit the zoo (taking your family)
- go to the park for a picnic
- take the dog for a walk
- go swimming
- go on a vacation
- go hiking
- bicycle riding
- roller blading
- go for a drive
- walk on the beach
Point is this., there are so many other things one can be doing instead of sitting in a fog in front of your TV, this is a world wide epidemic, not only for you but also your children. Seems children's new babysitter is Cartoon Network etc. This is not healthy! Not only are u setting a Televisions standards into your mind and family but you are not truly Living!
It is so important, to be rid of your TV for Good! Not only does TV implement types of brainwashing but it is, replace precious time that you could be spending with your family and relatives doing something healthy and fun. Building relationships in your child's life gives lasting benefits that you cannot replace. Joining a gym, swimming working out, reading a good book, writing, volunteering. So many wonderful things to enjoy besides watching TV. Walking your dog. etc. etc.
So enjoy your day today!
More by this Author
How to make Tater-Tot Casserole - Southern Style
Gallbladder Problems? - Home Remedies that can help.