Chances of Tick Bites Infection - First Aid Treatment
Tick Bites First Aid Treatment
1. Ticks are found in certain parts of the world. They often carry spotted fever, tick typhus, and other serious diseases. If not treated properly, its poison may paralyze the brain and heart. Risk of infection from the tick bites depends on the geographical location. However, there are very few chances of tick bite infection in a person having normal health. If tick head or other parts of his body are not attached with the skin, there are rare chances of acquiring any sort of tick bite infection.
2. The first thing to do after tick bite is to remove the tick from the skin. For this purpose, one could use fine curved tweezers. With the help of a pair of tweezers grasp the tick from the back as close to the skin as possible and slowly and steadily but firmly pull the body of the tick from the skin of the victim. Do not twist or turn the body of the tick as it will break the body of the tick in the body of the victim. If the body of thick is broken in the victim's skin, it will be harder to remove and could spread infection. Be assure the head of the tick is completely removed.
3. Don't forget to wash hands by applying lot of water and soap after handling a tick. The instruments should also be cleansed.
4. After removing the head of the tick, thoroughly wash the area of the bite, using plenty of soap and water. Then apply some suitable dressing and go at once to your doctor.
5. Old methods of removing the tick are no more advisable. Applying a lighted match to tick's tail is not good as it could cause the tick to behave as an injection. Similarly, applying a drop of krosene to the tick is also not a proper treatment to get the tick out of the skin of the victim.
6. Keep the victim of tick bite lying down for some time.
7. If the tick bite victim seems weak or dizzy, give him strong tea or coffee. Never give alcohol. This only spreads the infection through the body more quickly.
8. Lay an ice pack over the area of the infected skin to relieve pain and slow the spread of infection.
9. Victim should be persuaded to be calm and avoid excitement. Keep him quite. Tell him that in most of the cases, probability of infection of tick bite is very rare.
10. If a fever develops, call your doctor.
More by this Author
Reasons for migration of people from developing/under developed countries like India to America, Canada and United Kingdom. Due to migration of people there are ever increasing refugees.
- 228How to Submit/eFile Income Tax Return and Wealth Statement Online With FBR for Tax Years 2014, 2015 & 2016
A complete guide to submitting/e-filing income tax returns and wealth statements for tax years 2014, 2015 & 2016 via FBR's IRIS system. How to get NTN before submitting returns.
- 2How to become A filer and included in Federal Board of Revenue's (FBR) Income Tax Active Taxpayers List
The tax rates for filer and non-filer taxpayers are different in Pakistan. Non-filers have to have pay more tax. How to become a filer and what is active taxpayers list (ATL) is explained here.