Tip For The Day - Daily Checklist For Weight Loss
Weight Loss Daily Checklist
1. I started the day adequately rested.
2. I ate for nutrition at breakfast and prepared a nutritious small brunch.
3. I ate that brunch between 9:30 and 10:00.
4. By then I had had 3 large glasses of cool or cold water since waking up.
5. I had a modest lunch of my favorite foods.
6. I had a mini-meal I prepared for myself in mid-afternoon and kept my fluid levels up with iced or cool water.
7. I squeezed in 30 minutes of sound exercise during the day.
8. I had a light supper which completed most of my vegetables and fruits for the day.
9. I had the rest of the fruits and vegetables as my "munchies" in place of the demons I used to crunch down on almost thoughtlessly in the evening.
10. By bedtime I had caught up on the housework, kept within my budget, the laundry was done or where it needed to be; I had had a good hot shower or soak; I had polished off another large glass of cold or cool water; I had done something fun somewhere during the day, and I was ready to dream about this list and keeping on with my goal of losing 2% of my total weight this month toward reaching my target weight and healthy BMI.
NOTE: Keep your goals reasonable. Live a pattern you can stick with. Don't take home the demons of bad foods you used to want to have on hand. Think up good ways to reward yourself by meeting the 2% monthly weight loss at the end of each 30 days.
REMEMBER; The chances are good that you tried your way and other ways in the past that didn't work for you. Try this approach which has worked for me and for others. We are happy with the results and you will be too.
Not all habits are bad habits. Replace those that are, with good habits.
Be conscious of what habits have become big parts of your days. If necessary, jot them down and examine them for "good," "bad," and "harmless."
Work to eliminate the bad habits by replacing each bad habit with a good habit.
My wife's motto is: "If I am doing all the good I can, I won't have time for anything else."
If you ever feel that some day was wasted, and you are another day further down a path you never wanted to take, it's time for some changes.
The first things to change are those bad habits you jotted down.
We all have them. We are creatures of habit.
The people who seem to be "ideal" have them too, but they have them under control and their good habits are working for them while they are minimizing their bad habits.
Setting daily goals, as a structure for having successful days, allows us to create new and better habits. We steadily accomplish more toward our worthwhile goals, and we even like ourselves more as we see ourselves making worthwhile progress toward being the person we truly want to become.
As we do so, others will recognize our progress and may positively reinforce it,
Settling for something less may have become a habit, and that's at the top of the list of habits we can do without.
Start that list of habits you recognize.
Copyright 2014 Demas W. Jasper All rights reserved.
The five diet keys to healthy weight loss....
- 5 Diet Keys You Need To Know And Use
Weight gains lingering on? Here are the essential keys to maintaining a healthy weight all year long...for a longer, healthier life. You can count them on five fingers.
Why aim for a 2% monthly weight loss toward your ideal weight?
- Tip For The Day - The 2% Solution to Weight Loss
Things to have handy for weight loss, and just what setting a 2% goal can accomplish.
More by this Author
While those April showers have brought May flowers, that's not all that May can bring....if you productively use its 31 days. Go for it!
Counting candles on the cake? There are other things about aging that count even more in the long run!
There is one thing that winter can commend itself for, and it is not the ice, slush, snow, and valley temperature inversions.