Tips For Motivation In Life
Find Your Motivation
No matter what may be going on in your life, there are going to be times you need or even desire that additional little boost of healthy motivation. Whether that be exercise, work, relationships, or even incessant dieting. Motivation can go a very long way in awarding you the confidence you may need.
Many of us spend an expansive amount of time talking negative about ourselves, we often hesitate to see the good in ourselves, winding up with negative attitudes about what we have accomplished and the goals we have achieved.
Whatever your motivation needs are, these methods are written to aid you in building motivation in yourself and your life to reach more positive attitudes.
EXAMPLES OF AFFIRMATIONS
- I am a STRONG person.
- I can do it
- I can make exercise a fun activity I am not lazy,
- I will finish all my projects
Okay, now you have an idea what you need to do to motivate yourself, create positive judgements that you can vision in your mind doing and believing and use them many times throughout the day.
- Give yourself a break. Don’t be so hard on yourself. If you eat a piece of chocolate, it is not going to ruin your diet forever, savor the chocolate and set a goal for chocolate once a week. Motivate yourself to let it go until the day it is time to have a delicious taste the next time.
- Develop positive affirmations on a daily basis. Repeat them frequently throughout the day to yourself. Post them somewhere you will see them and let yourself believe them. They are no good if you cannot see them. So view them often.
Keep Going For More Tips
- Set Goals - Write them down, check them off. Start off with baby steps and build up. One of the hardest things to do. So it could be something like making your bed and moving onto bigger goals like taking a decorating a room. Small motivations each day will build your positive attitude and you will accomplish your goals.
- Be Kind TO Yourself, give yourself a reward for a job well done. A night out, awsome alone time, a piece of your favorite food. Shopping, talking to a friend you have not talked to in a long time. Give yourself something special.
- Motivate yourself to do things lingeringly, and make them a habit. When done enough, it will become a habit, like brushing your teeth or combing your hair. Keep doing it over and over until you are doing it with little effort.
- Develop a social support team. Friends and family make great allies.They can encourage your goal setting habits when you are least motivated. Make friends, seek out support groups, you do not have to feel or be alone in your efforts. A support team encourages you when you most need it.
When you are discouraged, remember what you have accomplished so far. Don’t dwell on what you have not accomplished. Set more goals and motivate yourself to those achievements of the future as you continue to motivate and move forward.
Don't give up, reward yourself for your accomplishments. You are a winner!
- Journal Writing For Health
Keeping a journal can be beneficial to well-being. Writing down feelings can help you regulate emotional outbursts you want to control, writing is fun, can help track moods, and keep order in your life .
Staying On Course
Once you reach your goals, all the work is not done. It is essential you continue, hang onto the victories you have forged already. Think ahead in long term, as you accomplish your short term goals.
- Make lifestyle changes to stay on track. Keep in mind what is motivating you. Continuously make your goals attainable and finish one at a time.
- Learn Triggers~ Find the triggers that stress you out, and work on those to keep you from spiraling out of control. Don’t let stress derail you.
Remember reward yourself for a job well done.
- Remain positive. Setbacks will happen, don’t let that stop you from the motivation tips you have learned.
- Find Some Hobbies and pleasing activities, preferably with people you enjoy being with. Staying mentally motivated can be quite challenging, what you do is worth while. Whether it be dieting, exercising, entering a new relationship, buying a new toy, or moving into your new apartment, maintain that motivation and you will reap the benefits.
- Exercise-Motivate yourself to find new physical activities you enjoy doing.
Great Activities That Are Enjoyable
- Jumping Rope
- Ballroom Dancing
- Rock Climbing (many indoor facilities available)
- Horseback Riding
- Horse Shoes
Now that you have a good number of motivational tools to make motivation a lifestyle commitment you can channel your energy into some enthusiastic choices and behaviors and let the spark of motivation guide you slowly into new and boundless challenges.
More by this Author
Bipolar disorder is a serious mental illness that can be treated with medication and therapy. I've personally experienced this condition, and this article is meant to share my knowledge.
What are some of the most common reasons for not taking thyroid medication? There are many reasons why you might avoid taking medication, but of course there are many important benefits, as well.
If you're a cat lover you may wonder about t many little quirks your cat has? I have listed 23 fascinating facts about the awesomeness of cats. Delightful little tidbits every cat owner should know.