Tips on Fighting Obesity
The sky rocketing numbers of obesity on a worldwide scale is at this time so high that the World Health Organization (WHO) has called the disease "the 21st century epidemic”. Obesity continues thanks to the enormous accessibility of un-nutritious and over calorie food goods that are driven and unconsciously marketed to us.
This excess of body fat is due to the persistence of poor eating habits and inactive lifestyles. Exercise and a healthier diet should be strictly followed. Anybody that is 20% over their weight in relation to their height, built and age is considered to be obese.
Obese situations can lead at a very early state to heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney trouble, liver problems, pregnancy complications, glandular malfunctions and psychological problems.
There are two types of obesity - the first of which is seen by the accumulation of fat in the abdominal area. This is hazardous to one’s health as it is in the area of all their principal organs.
More on Health
- Water And Our Body
Water-water and our body.Importance of good drinking water. Our body is composed of approximately 75 percent water. The water we consume is responsible for and involved in nearly every process in our body from digestion, absorption, circulation and a
- Longevity Vitamins
Most of us do our best to live a long and healthy life, free of illness and diseases, we search for nutritional supplements to increase our stamina, to improve and boost our immune system, and gain mental...
- Easy Healthy Diet Tips
Healthy eating is not about severe nutritional knowhow philosophies like staying unrealistically thin or hiding from yourself those foods you like. Its more about feeling good, having always spare energy,...
- Homeopathic Acne Treatment-Part 1
Homeopathic Acne Treatment - Homeopathic acne treatments can greatly reduce the pain and embarrassment in teenagers. We all know, we are what we eat, and what we eat can cause acne. To start getting rid of skin problems you must reduce your consump
The second type is seen by the increase of fat from the middle down and is associated with troubles relating to poor circulation, varicose veins and hemorrhages.
Action against obesity is always difficult and requires a huge amount of self discipline, dealing bad eating habits and poor lifestyle practices.
Prevention has to begin as early as possible. But some simple actions can be taken to stab weight gain.
- Be active and take a walk before breakfast to burn off fat. Do not worry as much about the number of calories you consume as you do about eating the proper foods in the diet. Exercise is the best way to rid the body of fat and to maintain good muscle tone.
- Rotate your foods and don´t be shy in eating a wide variety of them. Eat plenty of fruits, all sorts of fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes foods high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals all low in fat and free of cholesterol. Try to get fresh local produce close to your home.
- Drink water and more Water. Put the sodas aside. Our bodies are 75% water and water is a vital part of a healthy diet. Drink six to eight glasses daily.
- Water helps flush and clean our systems, especially the kidneys and bladder of waste foodstuffs and toxins.
- Never do grocery shopping on an empty stomach. You will be tempted to buy prohibited foods and as well you will buy more food than you need.
- Make sure your bowels move daily, get used to a spoon full of olive oil every day. Use extra fiber daily for cleaner intestines.
- Take fiber, an apple with a large glass of water half hour before meals to reduce appetite.
- Put less food on your dish. Chew slowly, chew at least 20 to 30 times before swallowing. Do not chew gum. Chewing gum provokes the gastric digestive juices (hydrochloric acid) to segregate and will make you feel hungry faster in addition to overworking your digestive system.
- Never consume animal fat that is found in butter, creams, ice cream, whole milk, rich dressings and mayonnaise. Educate yourself to use olive oil instead.
- White flour products, salt, white rice, or processed foods are to be avoided. As well avoid fast food restaurants and all junk foods.
- Do not consume sweets such as candy, doughnuts, pies, cakes, pastries. Exclude all forms of sugar from the diet.
- Eat more complex carbohydrates that also offer protein such as tofu, lentils, plain baked potatoes, sesame seeds, beans, brown rice, whole grains, and white fish meat.
More by this Author
A list of superstitions and customary beliefs from around the world.
Jaguar E Type Original Colors - Jaguar XKE Original Colors. A true Jaguar E type is the one that is in fact as original as the day it rolled off the assembly line. Through the life of an E type, it can change hands...
List of the most planted palm trees together with its common and Latin name!