Tips to prevent cancer and help you live longer
Cure for cancer?
Cancer, most of us have unfortunaly experienced this awful word with a loved one, and fear it for our own fates. What if I told you that I had the cure for cancer? What if we all found out that eating spinach would guarantee us a cancer free life?
We basically do, there is evidence out there that has proved foods can prevent and some people even believe curecancer. We are all going to die it is inevitable, yet so many of us live as if we are indestructible. If you knew you only had a month to live, you probably would do things a little differently, but the thing is we all KNOW we are going to die, we just don't have the exact date. If you knew that eating a tomato a day would prevent you from developing a tumor, would you do it? There are many FAST ways to incororate these cancer fighting foods into our diet. One way which I watched on the Dr. Oz show was to through all of these "green, Cancer-Fighting" foods into a blender and have it as a shake once a day. If there is a bite, you can add a touch of lemon juice.
Most of us only eat 15-25 different foods, our ancestors ate 100-150 and they were restrained due to the seasonal availability of foods. Why is this? Why do we tend to limit ourselves? I believe many of us are moving much to quickly to take the time to properly care for ourselves. We all seem to be in such a rush that we can't be bothered with buying fresh vegetables, peeling fruits, and god forbid actually cooking them! In the same way there are healing powers in the aloe plant for our skin, there are healing powers in the anti-oxidants that our forefathers gathered in the very grounds that we live on. Everything we need has been provided for us right here, including medicine, it's just a matter of using it. Today, the limited foods we eat are often purged of their healthy antioxidants by processing. These anti-oxidants are necessary to counter the oxidation process. In the same way an apple turns brown when left on the counter, our bodies are made to oxidize, unless prevented. There is a very easy way to remember these cancer fighting foods that are recommended by the the American Cancer Society and that is by color.
Food Facts that could change your life
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are packed with lycopene (Anti-oxidant). Lycopene reduces the risk of cancer by 40%, targeting prostate, lung and stomach cancers. Concentrated tomato sauces have FIVE times more lycopene than fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes, three times more than fresh. Fact: People who eat tomatoes suffer half as much heart disease.
Olive Oil: Olive oil (a staple in the mediterranean diet recommended by Dr.Oz) is shown to help reduce heart disease and cancer. Olive oil is high in Anti-oxidants in its true form, uncooked.
Nuts: Nuts are high in fat, but they are the "good" fats (monounsaturated and/or omega-3 fatty acids). Almonds and walnuts lower blood cholesterol. Nuts are one of the few foods that date back to our early evolutionary foods. Unsalted, fresh nuts are the best choice. Harvard University research shows that eating more than five ounces of nuts a week cut heart attack deaths in women by over 40%.
Soy: Studies have shown that the selective estrogen receptor modulator function of soy seems to be an anticancer benefit that MAY account for low prostate and breast cancer rates in Asia.
Cold Water Fish: Fish contains high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids that have shown to perform miracles in the body. Aim for at least an ounce a day or two servings of fatty fish a week. Beware of farmed fish.
Blueberries: Blueberries have been lined to slowing aging in animals. These powerful packed anti-oxidant food can help block brain changes leading to memory failing. It is recommended that we eat half-cup of frozen or fresh blueberries a day.
Garlic: Packed with nutrients known to help fend off cancer, heart disease and aging. Garlic has proven to prolong cancer survival time and extended animal lifespans by about 5%, which equals to about four years in human time.
Spinach: Spinach comes in second (Garlic is first) for being the highest packed Anti-Oxidant vegetable available to us. It is high in folic acid which has been known as a cancer fighter, prevents heart disease and fights mental disorders (think people wearing garlic around their neck). It is believed to help prevent Alzheimers Disease.
Green Tea: Green tea is also high in anti-oxidants and provides us with greater health benefits. Harvard University has shown that drinking one cup of green tea a day cut heart-disease risk in half. It also has shown to stimulate the metabolism, resulting in weight loss.
Color is Key -
Examples of diferent colors:
- Red - The Lycopene found in Red foods inhibit breast cancer cell growth in the laboratory: Examples: tomato juices, soups, tomato sauces, watermelon, pink grapefruit.
- Orange -Beta Carotene found in Orange foods protect vision and immune function also and Anti- Oxidant. Examples: Carrots, butternut squash, cantaloupe, mangos, pumkin, apricots, sweet potato.
- Orange/Yellow - Flavonoids found in Orange/Yellow inhibit tumor growth and repair DNA. Liminoids in the skin of lemons and oranges inhibit tumor growth. Examples:Oranges, lemons, pineapples, papaya,peaches, nectarines.
- Green- Isothio-cyanates found in Green foods increase liver proteins that defend against carcinogens. Examples: Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Cabbage, Bok Choy
- Greeen/Yellow-Lutein found in Green/Yellow foods protect vision, the heart and inhibit cancer cell growth. Examples: Spinach, corn, collard greens, Kale, Avacado and Mustard Greens.
- Green/White -Allyl Sulfides found in Green/White foods inhibit cell growth. Examples: Garlic, onions, pears, celery, chives, leeks.
- Red/Purple-Proanthocyanidins found in Red/Purplefounds protect against urine and infections and Ellagic acid inhibits cancer cell growth. Examples: Grapes, Strawberries, cranberries, rasberries, red apples, prunes, blueberries.
More by this Author
Hey guys! I recently broke my foot (3 mths ago) and found I was getting very depressed thinking about all the extra pounds I would gain. After much research and trial and error I have compiled a 45 minute routine that...