Tips To Reduce Computer Eyestrain
Relax your eyes
Is eyestrain causing a problem in your life? If your eyes are feeling tired on a regular basis, if they get dry and red while you're doing normal activities like spending time at your computer, or if you regularly have headaches and can't figure out the source of them, eyestrain may be your problem. Eyestrain is an increasingly common problem caused by the fact that so many of us are staring inappropriately at computer screens all day and working longer hours than almost ever before.
Here are some tips to reduce that problem in your life:
- Don't stare at the screen. One of the major problems which cause eyestrain in the modern world is the fact that people are staring at computer screens all day long. Take breaks from the screen. Print out long documents and read them in paper version at your desk. Simply spending a few minutes of every hour letting your eyes focus on something that isn't the computer screen will greatly reduce the problem of eyestrain.
- Rest your eyes. If you're tired, you need to rest. Closing your eyes for a few moments as needed can greatly reduce their strain.
- Stay wet. Keep your eyes moist to reduce problems associated with eyestrain. This can be done by conscious blinking as well as by the use of eye drops which are specifically geared towards moistening the eye.
- Work normal hours. If you're working all day and all night and then going home and staring at the television and the computer monitor, you're probably causing yourself eyestrain. Do relaxing activities which don't involve any kind of screen!
- Use the right lighting. If you're constantly facing a glare on your computer monitor, your eyes may be straining to accommodate for the problem. If you're sitting in the dark struggling to read a book, you're forcing your eyes to work harder than they need to. Prevent these problems by taking a long, hard look at the lighting in all of the surroundings you use regularly and then adjusting it to best suit the activities you're engaging in there.
- Use your glasses and contacts appropriately. Wear them when you're supposed to be wearing them and take them out as often as you're supposed to in order to keep your eyes healthy. If they're healthy, then they can focus correctly and you won't be straining them.
Eyestrain happens because of the modern society approach to incorporating screens into every aspect of our lives. We look at computers all day long and stare at televisions for entertainment. It's taking its toll. By paying attention to the effect which eyestrain is having on our lives and adjusting our activities in small ways to reduce the problem, we can make ourselves healthier.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE31
There are some people who go to the gym to work out on cardio machines because they absolutely love the way that the workout makes them feel. That’s not most people. Most people go to the gym to work out on cardio...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE19
1. Fresh onion or garlic2. Clove oil3. Ice or heat4. Liquor5. Extracts6. Warm salt water7. Salt and pepper8. Wheatgrass9. Limes and lemons10. Tea bags I am convinced that there is no pain worse than tooth pain. There...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.