Top Aromatherapy Benefits
What Is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is the use of fragrance to enhance a person’s psychological and physical well-being. Essential oils are extracted from volatile plants and when inhaled cause our brains to release synergistic chemicals which affect our emotions. Each of the essential oils is able to achieve different results and provide various healing properties. Aromatherapy has natural benefits that can heal your body, your mind and your spirit.
Ten Aromatherapy Benefits
1. Relax and Calm Your State of Mind – Use aromatherapy to help you feel relaxed and calm. The scent of Jasmine is one of the scents to help you with relaxation. Scents such as chamomile, lavender and rose will calm you.
2. Stress Relief – Scents such as lavender are beneficial in reducing stress.
3. Relieve Ailments – Certain essential oils have the ability to help with pain relief. You can use Eucalyptus to help with relieving cold symptoms and it also will break up blockages in your airways so you can breathe easier. Massage, along with the use of aromatherapy essential oils such as anise, will help relieve muscle aches.
4. Increase Alertness - Aromatherapy can help your mind feel more alert and help you to focus. The use of peppermint, cinnamon and rosemary scents will help your alertness levels.
5. Mood Enhancement – The ability to uplift your spirit is one of the top benefits of aromatherapy. Have you ever smelled something that took you back in your memory to a good feeling in your life? That is what aromatherapy can do. Ylang Ylang is a good mood enhancer as is geranium.
6. Promote Sleep – Because aromatherapy is so soothing it is very effective as a sleep inducer. Lavender and chamomile are used for this purpose.
7. Increase Contentment – Aromatherapy can relieve stress and enhance your mood and as a result it helps to make you feel more content with your life. Lavender and rosemary will help you with contentment.
8. Purifies Environment – There are scents in aromatherapy such as lemon that clean and naturally purify the air.
9. Spiritual Harmony – Aromatherapy helps with spiritual guidance. The use of the oil of Sandalwood can help you to obtain spiritual health.
10. Energy Enhancement – The use of aromatherapy will increase your energy level and you will feel like you can conquer anything. Peppermint, Rosemary, and Ginger are some of the essential oils of aromatherapy that will help you increase energy.
As you can see, aromatherapy can do wonders in making you feel good about yourself and your life. It is a simple way to improve your feelings of wellbeing and achieve inner peace.
More by this Author
A guide to the most wanted Christmas gifts this season. If you want to know the most popular gifts for Christmas gift giving this year, this article will give you advice on Christmas shopping.
- 55Best Facebook Quotes 2015 To Update Your Status - Popular Facebook Sayings to Make Friends Laugh or Cry
Updating your status is a major activity for Facebook members. The most popular, best Facebook sayings and quotes can be found here.
Halloween is one of those holidays that is great for fun food items. If you are having a Halloween party or just want to make the day extra special, check out the Halloween recipes and pictures here.