Top Health Benefits Of Vinegar
Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar
28 Health Benefits Of Vinegar
1. Lower Blood Sugar & Alzheimer's risk with a daily dose of vinegar. Apple cider vinegar had an anti-glycemic effect on your blood sugar.
2. Prevents weight gain and obesity. Vinegar helps to digest the food when it enters your stomach.
3. Gets rid of rashes and itching. Smooth a little vinegar on the irritation to speed up recovery time and reduce itch.
4. Lightens body freckles when applied to the skin undiluted on a regular basis. The acid in the vinegar is what does the trick!
5. Whitens teeth. Brush teeth a few times a week with white distilled vinegar.
6. Make nail polish last longer. Wipe fingernails with vinegar before applying nail polish.
7. Stops insect bites and stings from itching. Apply a small amount of white vinegar to the bite or sting.
8. Soothes sunburns and may prevent blistering and peeling if applied soon after exposure to the sun.
9. For cuts and scrapes apply directly to the wound to clean. The vinegar will help clean out any bacteria that could cause infections.
10. Banish foot odor. Soak feet for 10 minutes in cider vinegar. Bacteria is the cause of the foot odor. Again, vinegar is an anti-bacterial agent which will kill any bacteria on the foot.
11. Clean a hairbrush by soaking it in white vinegar.
12. Use equal parts white vinegar and water as a facial skin toner.
13. Shinier hair. Pour a little apple cider vinegar in your hair when you wash it. It will get rid of any grease or build-up that causes your hair to lose shine.
14. Soothe a sore throat. Gargle with vinegar to get rid of any bacteria in your throat.
15. Balance your PH. Drink water with a spoon or two of apple cider vinegar in it each day for 14 days to balance your body's PH.
16. Helps alleviate allergies. Drink apple cider vinegar with water to alleviate sinus and allergy issues. The vinegar thins mucous and kills bacteria.
17. Alleviate heartburn. Drink a spoon of apple cider vinegar, then drink a cup of water. This combination will help regulate the acid in your stomach.
18. Get rid of your pets fleas. Mix apple cider vinegar and water in equal parts. Drench your pet with this concoction every day for up to a week. This will get rid of any fleas your pet already had and repel any fleas that are thinking of jumping on your pet.
19. Stop hiccups. Drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar when you have hiccups.
20. Lower bad cholesterol. The acetic acid in vinegar is what does the trick here.
21. Get rid of dandruff. Mix one part vinegar with one part water and drench your hair for a few minutes. It should help get rid of any dandruff or itchiness on your scalp.
22. Get rid of acne. The acid in the vinegar helps to kill any bacteria near the acne and balance the skins pH levels.
23. Gives you energy. Add a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. It will work with your body to give you more energy.
24. Helps alleviate leg cramps at night. Add a spoon of apple cider vinegar and a spoon of honey to a glass of warm water to help with leg cramps at night time. Leg cramps occur when your body is low in potassium. Apple cider vinegar contains potassium!
25. Get rid of bad breath. Gargle with apple cider vinegar to kill bacteria in your mouth and throat that cause bad breath.
26. Get rid of bruises quicker. Put a little apple cider vinegar on a bruise. It has anti-inflammatory effects that make the bruise go away quicker.
27. Reduce cancer risk. Japanese Kurosu and Kibizu vinegars help inhibit the growth of certain cancers.
28. Speed up recovery after workouts. Vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent injuries after a workout and speed up recovery time.
More by this Author
As a coffee lover, I was distressed when I found out that I had Acid Reflux and would need to cut out coffee. After research,I found a few ways that I could still drink coffee without the heartburn.
Chest congestion can be caused by any number of things. It could be a chest cold, asthma, bronchitis, allergies or pneumonia.
I am a mother of two preschoolers and a current resident of Northern Virginia. My husband and I searched all over the Northern Virginia area for a great place to raise our children.