Top Reasons to Stop Smoking
I've never been a smoker, but both of my parents smoked until I was in junior high and my dad gave them up because he just couldn't take the coughing any more. He had been smoking heavily since his teens. My mom will be 70 and still smokes heavily.
My first husband was not a smoker, so for 23 years I lived in a smoke-free environment and it's what I had become accustomed to. Whenever, we visited my mother we hated how we smelled when we left there.
Then, there's my second husband. He has smoked since his teens as well. In the spring of 2009 my husband was introduced to electronic cigarettes. E-cigs have totally transformed him. I'm really proud of his transition to vaping.
Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Your health-I think this goes without saying, but I think too often we wait until our health has deteriorated to wake up and decide we need to preserve our health. Don't wait until you're suffering from the ill effects, stop now.
- Better insurance rates-Smokers pay higher premiums on insurance.
- You can stop smelling like an ashtray-Everyone I know that has stopped smoking can suddenly smell what other smokers smell like and always ask, "did I smell that bad?". Yes, you did.
- Stop making your family smell like an ashtray-there's really nothing worse that smelling like an ashtray when you don't even smoke. Smokers don't realize how much the stink up every one's clothes and hair.
- Your car and house will smell better-Just like your smoke stinks up every one's clothes and hair, it also permeates the fabrics in your home and car. The walls yellow from the tar.
- You'll have whiter teeth and fresher breath. Smokers have yellowed teeth from the tar and stale smoky breath.
- Breathe easier. Without all the tar and toxins you'll be able to breathe better and have more stamina. Imagine climbing stairs without huffing and puffing.
- No need to buy lighters or ashtrays
- Save money! Do you dare tally up how much you've spent in your lifetime on cigarettes and what you could have bought with that money? I bet most of you could have had a new car or two.
- Improved self-esteem without having the stigma of being labeled a smoker. You'll feel better about yourself and be proud that accomplish something so many others have tried and failed at. You can do it and once you do, you'll never have to do it again.
- No more burnt holes in carpet, clothing, sofas No matter how careful they are, the wind will catch it or someone will inadvertently bump them and before you know it they have burnt a hole in something.
- No more having to excuse yourself to find a place you're allowed to smoke. You won't miss out on conversations, etc. because you'll be able to stay with the non-smokers.
What Method Will You Choose?
There are tons of books and gimmicks to help you stop smoking, just like there is to lose weight. Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking is a great book and I highly recommend it. My husband bought the audio book and I listened to it too. Allen Carr approaches it from a logical standpoint. Once you realize what cigarettes are really doing and how they're tricking you into thinking you have to have them, then you're closer to understanding how to walk away from them and reclaim your life. That clawing feeling that makes you think you have to have them is just you feeding the monster. Once you stop feeding him he goes away. I know, you're probably saying that's easy for me to say since I've never smoked, but I do understand.
Switching to e-cigs has helped many people, including my husband. It's no different than the nicotine patch or gum, but you are still able to satisfy the oral sensation of smoking. You at least eliminate all the tar and toxins, smell, etc.
No matter how you choose to do, just do it. You'll be glad you did. I wish you all the best!
Great Links to Help You Stop Smoking
- Stop Smoking with Allen Carrs Easyway Worldwide
Welcome to Allen Carr's central website. Allen Carr's Easyway helps any person to fight addictions painlessly. We have clinics in many countries achieving a high rate of success at curing nicotine addiction, alcohol and weight problems and fear of fl
- Vapor Talk E Cig Forum
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
More by this Author
Many of us know we need to lose weight. This is a list of 25 reasons you might want to lose some weight in hopes that it might motivate you.
Is poison ivy contagious? Yes and no. It depends. I'll explain. Poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac are plants that contain a sticky resin-like sap, or oil, called urushiol. Every part of the plant has this oil...
A fascinating look at Beatrice Wood, the woman James Cameron modeled Rose Dewitt Bukater Calvert after in the movie "Titanic".