Top Ten Foods that Make You Smarter
In order for your to brain to function efficiently, there are some nutrients that has to be supplied to the brain. Once the brain is energized, we will be able to think clearer, remember things better and make smarter decisions. Here is a list of the top 10 foods that could make you smarter by improving memory and cognition.
1. Spinach: Green leafy vegetable are good in improving memory and cognitive functions of the brain. Spinach helps in recalling old information. The main reason is because of its high content of iron, folate, vitamin B6 and B12. It is also known to slow down the onset of Alzheimer's disease.
2. Chocolate: Cocoa (100%) contains a very important antioxidant called flavanol. This antioxidant improves the flow of blood to the brain. Chocolate is also known to influence positive moods, which leads to clearer thinking.
3. Oysters: This type of seafood is best for improving concentration and focus. Oyster is known for boosting the problem solving ability of the brain. It contains a high level of zinc and iron.
4. Eggs: This food helps to provide the main building blocks for the brain. Eggs contains a lot of vitamin B-12, lecithin and choline. These are the nutrients needed in order to slow down the brain shrinkage process that happens naturally as we get older.
5. Curry: Curcumin is the main antioxidant found in yellow curry. This antioxidant removes free radicles from the brain, promoting clear thinking. Curry also helps to reduce the aging process of the brain and is very good at improving memory.
6. Coffee: Fresh grounded coffee beans are rich in antioxidants, amino acids and minerals. Coffee increases the alertness of the brain. It also improves concentration.
7. Tea: Green tea are especially rich in catechins. Tea improves alertness, energy and reaction time. Catechins help to relax the brain and relieve feelings of anxiety. Dark green teas are the most potent.
8. Flax Seeds: These nuts contain ALA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid), which are fatty acids that the brain needs in order to function efficiently. The cerebral cortex, which is responsible for computing information from sensory inputs needs these fatty acids.
9. Blueberry: All berries contains antioxidants. However blueberries are the most potent berries. Antioxidants from berries drastically reduces the aging process of the brain. They are good for improving memory and cognitive functions of the brain.
10. Wild Salmon: Contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are used to coat the neurons in the brain. Omega-3 fatty acids also helps to provide more oxygen in the brain. It also counteracts the effects of bad cholesterol in the brain. Wild Salmon also contains iron and amino acids which helps in the overall development of the brain
How Hemp Nutrition Can Make You Smarter: Because omegas 3’s are concentrated in the brain and is not produced by the body, it has to be sourced from nuts such as hemp seeds. The article also demonstrates why vitamin E is a very powerful brain antioxidant.
Check out my PROFILE to follow my Hubs,
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blog and Pinterest.
Peace and Love My People
Copyright © 2012 Rasta1
Disclaimer: Please note that this Site is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. Please consult with a qualified health care provider.
More by this Author
Aloe Has always been a mystical plant. It is used to ward off evil spirits and fix the spiritual essence of the body. Find out the different spiritual uses of aloe vera.
Foods that can cause depression plays a role in regulating brain functions. In order to resolve living with depression, it is important to avoid negative foods.
The Rastafarian lifestyle is one that is based on simplicity and love. The Rastafarian culture encompasses health, work, food, politics, education, spirit and recreational activities