Top Wheat Germ Oil Benefits
What is Wheat Germ Oil?
Wheat germ oil, also known as Triticum vulgare, is an extract from the kernel of wheat grains, which is considered as the 'heart of wheat' since it is found in the centre of wheat berry. It is the most nutritious component of the wheat. Wheat germ oil contains 23 different nutrients including protein, B vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, iron and calcium. The nutrient packed oil is very healthy for our body.
What are Wheat germ oil Benefits?
Wheat germ oil is the richest source of Vitamin E than any other vegetable oil. This oil is also high in Vitamin A & Vitamin D, and is strong. Benefits of wheat germ oil are many. Wheat germ oil is mostly external application.
- Used for moisterizing skin and readily absorbed in the skin. Hence heals the dry and cracked skin.
- Regular application of this oil produces visible smooth and supple skin.
- The antioxidant properties of wheat germ oil helps in preventing the skin from bearing the signs of aging.
- Improves the immune system. The essential oils like Linoleic acid, oleic palmitic and stearic fatty acids, which are essential for the body, cannot be produced by the body. Hence wheat germ oil which contains these essential oils helps to improve the immune system.
- Used for making many skin care products.
- Protects from harmful sunrays.
- Prevents pregnancy stretch marks.
- Treats Eczema and Psoriasis.
- Used in Aromatherapy to rejuvenate the body and mind.
- Wheat germ oil mixed with other essential oil is used as a shampoo for hair.
- Lowers bad cholesterol in blood
- Used as a nail strengthener.
- Also used in salads in small quantity.
Nutrients in wheat gram oil
Two tablespoons of raw wheat germ contains about -
unsaturated fat - 1.5 grams
carbohydrates - 9 grams
protein - 4 grams
dietary fiber - 2 grams
sugars - 2 grams
Cholesterol - Nil
Calories - 60
Though wheat gram is fantastic food, it may not agree with some people.
Patients who have Celiac’s Disease or other wheat and gluten allergies or sensitivities should stay away from wheat germ and wheat germ products such as wheat germ oil.
The information provided in this hub is for informational and educational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies.
For face care
How to make shampoo with wheat germ oil
More by this Author
Find out the wonderful health benefits of the herb Oxalis Corniculata - Puliyarila.
Learn about this magic herb called kizha nelli (Phyllanthus niruri) and its wonderful uses.
Thinking of adding flax seed to your diet? Find out about the various health benefits of flax seeds, and information about how to use them.
No comments yet.