Top ten immune boosting smoothie ingredients to boost your immune system
Boost your immune system with these great smoothie ingredients!
Natural ingredients to boost your immune system always generate a lot of interest because it is so much nicer to use natural ingredients to help our bodies fight off infection. These smoothie ingredients can be mixed into delicious, nutritious, combinations. Whilst pure fruit smoothies are still the number one seller, sales of smoothies designed to boost immune system are rising the most rapidly. You do not have to spend a lot of money on expensive supplements to give your body extra immunity against colds and flu and other nasties that beset us all, especially in the colder and wetter winter weather, you can boost your immune system and make your own smoothies at home if you know which ingredients to include. I have been doing a lot of research online to find out how I can support my own immune system and here are my top ten smoothie ingredients to boost your immune system!
Want Some Recipe Ideas?
100 Immune boosting smoothie recipes for all the family - enjoy!
This book is really helpful, it has 100 smoothie recipes but there are ingredient notes to tell you about the specific benefits from each.
Transform your health and boost your energy with 135 different and delicious smoothie recipes!
Immune system boost smoothies on YouTube
My Top Ten Immune Boosting Smoothie Ingredients
1. Probiotics. Use live, natural yoghourt in your smoothie, Probiotics are micro-organisms that support the immune system and the digestive system, and assist the body in fighting disease caused by bacteria and viruses.
2. Blueberries. Blueberries are known for their antiviral and antibacterial properties and are valuable in fighting infections.
3. Citrus fruit. All citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C. Taking 500 mg at the start of a cold will help to prevent respiratory infections. If you are already suffering with a cold, make yourself a citrus smoothie and it will help you get rid of that killer sore throat.
4. Green Tea. Use two cups of green tea as the liquid in your smoothie recipe (make it really strong with four tea bags and leave to cool before use). Green Tea is full of antioxidants to help boost your immune system.
5. Goji Berries. Goji berries will not only give your immune system a powerful tonic as they are rich in antioxidants but will also give you an energy boost and are much prized for this benefit in their native Tibet.
6. Cantaloupe Melon. One quarter of a cantaloupe melon contains 120% of the daily vitamin A requirements and 80% of the body’s vitamin C requirements. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and vitamin A is vital for healthy skin. Skin is the body’s larges organ and it is our first line of defence against infection and illness.
7. Strawberries. Rich in vitamins A, C and B6 and full of antioxidants and flavinoids, strawberries make an excellent addition to any immune boosting smoothie. Interestingly, they are the only fruit known to carry it’s seeds on the outside!
8. Carrots. Carrot juice is packed with vitamin A, vital for immune function and eye health as well as healthy skin. Carrots are very low in calories (the average sized carrot having about 30 calories) so they are a good addition if you are weight-watching too.
9. Spinach. (yes, Spinach!) You are probably thinking that you would not want to add spinach to a smoothie, but here is another hub, with a brilliant spinach smoothie recipe, delicious and simple and guaranteed to be good for our immune systems because it is so rich in antioxidants.
10. Blackberries. Blackberries are rich in the mineral zinc which is especially important for anyone with a weak immune system or who may already be fighting a disease such as cancer. Zinc is beneficial in increasing the number of infection fighting cells in our bodies.
You could go to your health food store and buy a ready-made smoothie but to enjoy them at their most potent, with the freshest ingredients, make them at home in minutes in your blender or smoothie maker.
Smoothie Makers from Amazon
What If You Don't Have A Smoothie Maker?
Smoothie makers are great! They are versatile too - and there is one to suit every budget. From personal blenders at around $30 to the more expensive counter-top models. Here is a link to an article on my site where I review my top four smoothie makers - under $50, under $100, under $200 and over $200 - check it out, there are some great deals right now!
Top features to look for in a Smoothie Maker
If you do not own a smoothie maker, please use this link to visit my web site, Best Buy Smoothie Maker where you will find lots of top tips on the features to look for and product reviews so you get the right model at the right price.
In addition to several delicious recipes, there is also a blueprint for a basic smoothie to which you can add any combination of fruits from the list above.
Why not join HubPages?
- Join HubPages here!
If you love to write, why not join HubPages for FREE as a HubPages author and earn from your writing. Find out how by using the link.
Have You Found This Article Helpful?
If you have enjoyed reading this article about the natural ingredients you can add to your smoothies to boost your immune system, please will you help me to publicise it? Just click the Tweet this or Like buttons at the top of the page or use the share it button below. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.
More by this Author
Find out about the many benefits of the powerful antioxidant carotenoid, Astaxanthin and whether it could help you with a medical condition or improve your general health.
Chia seeds are best known for their use in weight loss diets however, there are many impressive nutrition and health benefits to be gained from eating these tiny seeds.
A doggy diaper can help with house training, females in heat, incontinent older dogs and other short term situations. This is what you need to consider when buying dog diapers