Treating Addiction: Drug Addict Rehab
The medical and clinical literature on the topic of substance abuse therapy delivery systems demonstrates an incomplete information matrix from policy planning papers which remain unpublished and a relatively small number of published articles. In most developed countries the considerable majority of the Drug Addiction Rehab therapy of alcohol and narcotic problems occur within specialized services. There has been a recent acknowledgment for the fulfillment that social, health and correctional services which are not specifically specified but can deliver results in reducing the extent of alcohol and other narcotic problems.
This newfound appreciation has developed from a perspective that addictive abuse and other problems experienced by patients are complex and convoluted, and that there can be a fundamental foundational problem of which addictive abuse of substances manifests itself only as a mere symptom.
There exist an extremely wide range of underlying social, economic and psychological effects which have to be taken into consideration in any substance abuse study conducted according to proper and currently accepted medical clinical standards suitable for peer reviewed publication in medical journals. The presence of these factors which are problematic to quantify create a situation whereby the results of the studies can only be approximate.
A considerable number of these problems have a degree of response to a low level of intervention provided a series non-specialist practitioners who are also involved in conducting an important referral role for the more severe situations experienced by the patients with addictive problems in utilizing recreational narcotic drugs or consuming excess quantities of alcohol. Unfortunately it is a relatively small number of patients who experience problems with alcohol or other narcotics who are self-motivated enough to look for specialized professional Drug Addiction Rehab therapeutic assistance to attempt to treat alcohol or narcotic use.
A project structure designed by the World Health Organization specifies six phases of coverage that set up a sequential implementation series which when considered in their entirety constitute a coherent system of Drug Addiction Rehab services:
- Phase One: a coherent attempt is conducted to make available appropriate Drug Addiction Rehab services to patients with addictive problems in utilizing recreational narcotic drugs or consuming excess quantities of alcohol.
- Phase Two: an allowance is conducted for a period of generic rehabilitation including medical, nutritional, social and psychiatric after the period of intoxication (and inebriation) or detox.
- Phase Three: all patients requiring assistance services in areas such as health care, welfare, educational criminal justice, and employment location services are methodically categorized for alcohol and other narcotic problems and a proper and thorough short intervention process is provided whenever the result is positive.
- Phase Four: a project management structure that delivers continuous assistance and treatment for all patients with addictive problems in utilizing recreational narcotic drugs or consuming excess quantities of alcohol.
- Phase Five: one or more short range therapies are developed and offered, to be applied in specific cases in which the follow-up of Drug Addiction Rehab care for all patients with alcohol and narcotic problems is integrated.
- Phase Six: a sequence of progressive interventions are available and deliverable to the patient, once the correlation of particular individual patients to the most effective of these variable interventions is finalized.
More by this Author
In the last 48 hours I lost 13 lbs. In order to picture this amount of weight, take 26 raw steaks of 8 ounces each and pile them one atop each other on your kitchen counter.
Albert Hoffman, the "father" of LSD. In a recent series of Hubs on LSD and the effects on pregnant women I was challenged to prove my statements that LSD was extremely harmful. Well... here we go. Science....
The one and only real Braciola: a slice of prime, lean mega-pounded beef, filled with the most delectable mixture on Earth; rolled, browned and then simmered in sauce all day long! Yum!
No comments yet.