Warning Signs Of Stress, How To Cope With It
Warning Signs of Stress
Stress comes in many forms and many of us may not even be aware of the warning signs, stress could effect your overall health if not handled properly. Stress can be caused by a heavy workload, divorce or break-up, finances, relocation or new job. Looking for the warning signs can aide you in understanding how to manage your stress The following are warning signs that you are pushing yourself to your limit and seriously need to decompress before you do serious damage to your mental and physical health.
1. Loss of Concentration
3. Restless sleep patterns
4. Smoking or Drinking more
5. Increased irritability and anger
6. Problems with Indigestion and overeating
7. Hair Loss
8. Sex drive begins to go into downtime
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms it is time to give your body and soul a vacation before you cause some catastrophic damage not only to your self but to others as well.
Managing your Stress
The ancient secret of managing your stress is to look after yourself first, remove some of the things that are causing you stress and give yourself some breathing room, it can make such a difference if you follow these few simple steps.
1. Do One thing at a time: I realize we all multi-task but for goodness sake know your limits, don't keep piling on the tasks.
2. Let it Out: Sometimes we become so overhelmed that we want to yell ,scream or punch, do itin a way where it is not going to harm you or anybody else.
3. Accept Assistance: Women are more apt to do this then men ,gentleman if someone offers accept it, as they are only trying to help ,put that man pride in your back pocket.
4. Know your limits: Don't become over competitive or set your expectations to high.
5. Walk Away: If it is stressful walk away ,and ladies if their is an argument involved let him go blow off some steam, he will be back let him decompress.
6. Take a day off: If this includes work, chores, all responsibilites then do it, as everyone is entitled to a break. Where those favorite slippers and that comfy robe, put your feet up and relax.
7. Breathing Skills: This is so important close those peepers and breath slowly inhaling and exhaling bringing that heart rate down. At the beginning your head may feel a little light and you will feel the tension through your neck loosen up, so just relax and love your body and soul.
8. Excercise: Some of us like it, some of us don't but excercise is one of the best things to aide in the relief of stress. Walk with your spouse, a significant other a friend or with your pet. If you feel up to it, join a gym just do something physical to help that body relax.
Being able to manage your stress can make a big difference in your mental health and well-being.
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered who created some of the dumbest laws in the United States? Did you know sagging pants and drinking from a bucket are against the law?
Ovarian cysts can be painful and uncomfortable. What are cysts? What are the causes? What are the symptoms?...
Reflection of thoughts from a writer's perspective and through her mother's eyes about each days passing and the problems that we face. What we should do to overcome our obstacles.