Signs of Testicular Cancer
Causes of Testicular Cancer
Each year, there are approximately (8,430) new cases reported of testicular cancer in men. 1- 270 will be diagnosed yearly, and is most common in men between 18- 45.
The exact cause or causes of testicular cancer are still unknown. however there are factors that could increase the risk for testicular cancer which are included but not limited to the following:
1. Abnormal Testicle Development.
2. Exposure to certain chemicals or HIV infection.
3. Family History of Testicular Cancer can also increase the risk.
4. History of undescended testicles.
White males are more likely to develop testicular cancer than African-American males. The odds of a white male is also 2x greater than Asian males to develop testicular cancer.
Types of Testicular Cancers
Seminoma: Slow growing found in men between 30-40. Normally it remains in the testes, however; left untreated it can spread to the lymph nodes if left untreated.
Nonseminoma: Nonseminoma is a more rapid form of cancer, than seminoma, made up of different cell types and are identifiable by the cells themselves.
Stromal tumors: Rare and normally noncancerous there are two types (known as) Leydig Tumors, and Sertoli cell tumors. Leydig releases the hormone called testosterone and Sertoli is where the sperm develops and matures.
1. A continual Dull ache in the back or lower abdomen.
2. Enlarged testicle or testicles.
3. Discomfort or pain in the testicle or heaviness felt in the scrotum.
4. Lump or swelling in either testicle.
5. Symptoms in other parts of the body such as pelvis, lungs, abdomen, brain.
Seek a physician if there are any warning signs. Early detection is they key to better health and recovery.
Routine Check up
When is the last time you had a routine check up?See results without voting
More by this Author
Reflection of thoughts from a writer's perspective and through her mother's eyes about each days passing and the problems that we face. What we should do to overcome our obstacles.
Ovarian cysts can be painful and uncomfortable. What are cysts? What are the causes? What are the symptoms?...
Reading this, sent chills down my spine and has taken a long time for me to even .....