What Are The Signs Of An Alcoholic
So many people ask the question, " what are the signs of an alcoholic" and many people really don't know the answer and why is that? The reason they don't know the answer is because they are not one. They are not addicted to alcohol and wouldn't know the tell tale signs.
Judging by my experiences and of others I know that are addicted to alcohol, I just may be able to fill you in on some of the signs that I noticed about myself living with an addiction to alcohol.
- Telling yourself and others you do not have a drinking problem.
- Telling yourself and others that you can quit drinking anytime you want.
- Waking up and the first thing that comes to mind is when can you start drinking again.
- Sneaking out at lunch to the bar to get a couple of drinks in to tie you over till the end of work.
- Looking at the work clock to see how long you have till you can get a drink.
- Hiding your alcohol so that other can't see.
- Being embarrassed inside of your addiction to alcohol but still won't quit drinking.
- Continuously living in denial.
- Telling yourself and other that you really don't drink too much.
- You do not want to attend functions that are dry or no alcohol served.
- You drink alone often.
- You don't care about your life or others lives as long as you have your alcohol.
- You get upset when you can't drink do to being in a place that you can't drink.
- Counting to see how many beers you have left and make sure you have enough to hold you over till the end of the night.
- Putting your alcohol in front of everything including your family.
- Saying you are going to quit drinking alcohol , but never do because you can't.
- Using your alcohol addiction as your crutch.
Books on the Signs of an Alcoholic
Do any of the above ring a bell to you? These of course are my findings from my experiences drinking alcohol and maybe a couple of them may relate to you. If most of them ring a bell to you maybe you should sit down and take a hard look at your life and figure out how you should change your life and make it better.
Just food for thought for all those that drink alcohol, but feel as if they are not addicted to it.
© 2011 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...
So you own a home and the upstairs is just not enough living space for you and then you realize that you have a full basement below full of all the stuff you have in storage.