Uses for essential oils for your body and home.
Why use essential oils?
Essential oils have been used for centuries to enrich environments and cure ailments. They are a wonderful addition to any household and have multiple applications throughout the home. I believe they benefit our lives on the physical, environmental, mental and spiritual levels.
Pure essential oils will metabolize in the body like other nutrients. They have been shown to stimulate the immune system, fight bacteria and viral infections, and help detoxify cells and blood within the body.
Although essential oils are not a cure-all, they will help you reach a new level of wellness. Essential oils are beneficial for headaches, digestive problems, skin problems, aches, pains, injuries, colds, home ambiance and more. They also help high blood pressure and depression. They can help minimize stress and anxiety and improve the mood.
The only oils to buy
- Why DoTerra Oils?
DoTerra essential oil products are the highest standard of quality, purity, and safety used in the industry—Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade™.
How do you know what to buy?
If you're just starting off with using essential oils in your life, I suggest a small variety pack, they can get pricey and there is no sense in buying a lot before you know if you'll make use of them. A variety pack is also nice because it gives you the option to try a few scents which will help you find your favorites. Some oils have specific uses, and I will cover what I know in this article about that. Essential oils are highly concentrated. They are usually extracted directly from plants, so always make sure to purchase 100% pure therapeutic grade.
Also keep in mind that a few drops go a long way, and between uses they should be stored in a cool dark place. Proper storage will provide the longest shelf life possible, which is years!
Never put essential oil directly into your eyes or ears.
Directions on using essential oils to treat health ailments
- Treatment of ailments and problems with essential oils.
One of the best resources I've found for treating ailments with essential oils.
- Mix 10 drops of your chosen oil with 2 tbsp of vitamin e oil for a great cuticle rub. Store the mix in a dark bottle for future use.
- Spa treatment for dry hair, mix 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil with 15 drops of Rosewood and 5drops of Sandalwood. Place the mixture in a bag, then in warm water to melt smoothly. Mix well, apply to hair evenly from roots to ends. Wrap your hair in a towel for 20 minutes, then wash as usual.
- For a wonderful massage oil, mix 5-10 drops of your favorite scent with 4 tbsp of organic coconut oil and rub all over your body.
- For a relaxing bath salt, mix 5-10 drops of your favorite oil with 1 cup each of sea salt, baking soda and Epsom salt. Pour into a hot running bath and watch the stress melt away.
- For a headache, massage 1-2 drops of Lavender oil on your neck or temples.
- For hangover help, Make your own blend of Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Lavender, Rosemary, Lemon, and Juniper Berry, and put 7-10 drops in a bath.
- 6-8 drops of Eucalyptus in the bath cools the body in the summer and protects the body in the winter, Peppermint will provide the same effect.
- For colds, add 2-4 drops of Lavender, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary to 1 cup of milk, pour into your bath and soak.
- Take a few sniffs of Peppermint to curb your appetite and prevent over-eating.
- To reduce a fever, mist your body with water in which 1-3 drops of Peppermint and Lavender have been added.
- Rub Lavender oil on your palms and rub your hands on your pillow, or put a few drops directly on your pillow and relax into sleep
Around the home
- Place a few drops of your favorite scents on your furnace filter, or in your humidifier and enjoy the fragrance in your entire home.
- To Deodorize your carpet, put a few of your favorites in a box of baking soda, mix well and allow it to sit for an hour. Once done, sprinkle it on your carpets, again, allow it to sit for an hour or so and vacuum it up. You can also use this same recipe to deodorize a mattress
- Place a few drops of your favorite in a candle warmer or scent diffuser
- Place a few drops onto cotton balls and put them in places you want to freshen up; vacuum bags, lingerie drawers, cars, you get the idea.
- Use drops of Lemon oil to disinfect and polish chrome fixtures and appliances in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Use as drop or two of Lemon oil to flavor baked goods such as cakes and cookies.
- Add 4-5 drops of Lemon oil to water in a spray bottle, use as a cleaner on counter tops, appliances, toys, etc...
- Use oils you love in a diffuser in the air at home for an uplifting, energizing feeling.
- For Holidays drop a few drops of Pine, Cinnamon, or Vanilla onto your Christmas tree
- Scent letters with a few drops of your favorite scents for memorable mailings!
- For smelly shoes, try a few drops of Lemon oil on a cotton ball and place in the shoes
- For canker sores, cold sores, and acne, place a few drops on the offending ailment (Tea Tree Oil is best for this).
More uses for Coconut Oil!
- Coconut Oil and it's many uses
The beautiful people of the world know the true value of Coconut Oil. This stuff is liquid gold...
© 2013 Rebecca
More by this Author
- 33Yeast infection symptoms treatment. How to cure and treat yeast infections at home with garlic. Naturally...
Cure a yeast infection with garlic, naturally, cheaply and privately in your own home!
Not only beautiful, but useful, smokey quartz is a naturally occurring mineral that heals, protects, and wonderfully accessorizes.
How easy is it to overdose on nicotine? Not as easy as one would think. Learn to recognize the warning signs and symptoms, as well as how to treat a potential overdose.