What Causes Someone to Drink And Abuse Alcohol
The Huge Question
The question for anyone that has a drinking problem is "what causes someone to drink and abuse alcohol?"
The list of why so many people drink and abuse alcohol is endless. Everyone has his/her own problems and each have reasons of why the drink and abuse alcohol to the point that they are now addicted to alcohol. It is a huge part of their lives, and they often wonder if they can go through life without alcohol in it.
Here are some reasons I can relate to when I drank and abused alcohol.
- No self esteem.
- Financial problems.
- Marriage problems.
- Lack of confidence.
- Someone may be very ill in the family or maybe a close friend.
- Loss of employment.
- Relationship problems.
- On the verge of losing your home to foreclosure.
- Not making enough money to make ends meet.
- Being laid off from your job.
These are just a few reasons why someone might drink and abuse alcohol. I filled a few of those categories while I was abusing alcohol. I am sure there are many more reasons people drink, but each person has their own reasons why they drink.
I have found out over the years that drinking and abusing alcohol does nothing good for any of us. Drinking simply masks the problem for a very short time, and when sobered up the problem is still there and sometimes worse than when you drank to wash those problems away.
Drinking alcohol fixes NOTHING! You can be assured that drinking will make matters worse than they really are. When we drink, thinking we will feel better and everything will be just fine, we are only fooling ourselves.
I have nothing against drinking alcohol, believe me. I loved to drink, and I was one of those that when drinking, you feel as if you have all the confidence in the world, and you are very well liked because now you fit in with all your friends that drink. If you can drink responsible and not over do it then there is nothing wrong at all with drinking alcohol, but there are those that just don't know when enough is enough, like me. In that case you have to say goodbye to your demons and start a fresh and sober life, like me again.
You think that the world is great and you can fix anything that maybe a problem while you are under the influence of the mighty drink. I laugh at myself now, that I was so stupid to think alcohol was going to fix anything that may have been wrong in my life, and I bet there are millions that feel the same way.
Alcohol does exactly what it is supposed to do and that is:
- It taste good.
- It quenches your thirst.
- It gives you a buzz.
- It gets you drunk.
- It makes you make a total ass out of yourself.
- It makes you forget what you did the night before.
- It makes you act like a fool.
- It make people look down at you as a pure alcoholic.
- It makes you get into fights and arguments.
- It makes you think you are superman/superwoman.
- It makes you have accidents such as falling or drinking and driving.
- It makes you think you are the smartest person in the world and know everything.
- It gives you one hell of a hangover.
- It makes you think you are never wrong.
- It causes severe health problems.
- It gives you many DUI's.
- It makes you feel indestructible.
- It causes an early death when abusing it for so long.
With that said, and if we know what beautiful things alcohol is designed to do, then why in the world do we abuse alcohol so much?
How to Stop Drinking Alcohol
© 2012 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
There are so many people that are addicted to alcohol in our society today. These people are literary chained to their addiction with no escape in site.
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...